Losing weight after tt

Anjail
on 9/21/09 12:48 am - Detroit, MI
What size did you go down to after tt? I am almost 2 weeks out and have lost about 12 lbs. Went in weighing 192 and now weight 180. Waist was a 36 and yesterday I bought I size 32 pants. Haven't been a 32 since I was 25 and I am 34 yrs old. I met a guy yesterday and he told me I have the shape of a coke bottle. Can you believe that. Me with a coke bottle shape. No one has ever told me that I have a nice shape. If you are continplating on having a tt please don't. Just do it. You will be so happy. I was worried about what I was going to look like after surgery but my surgeon has an artistic eye out of this world. I never thought my body would ever look as good as it does to me.

For all of you post-opers please tell me what size you were prior to tt and what size are you now. Oh on other thing. When did your doc take your drains out. It will be two weeks on Friday and I still have both drains. I'm not in a rush to get them out but just want to know how long did you have them. I would rather keep the drains than to start swelling back up really bad.
vickie O.
on 9/21/09 12:54 am - amarillo, TX
i am about 3 1/2 weeks out and i still have one drain left and i imagine it will stay in till nest week. i had four to begin with.  i at still a size 12 and my waist is 33 in. but i am still swollen.  since the tt i have lost about 11 pounds and i know i have more to go.  i have always had a big waist, so i am hoping for a 30 inch waist. it is great you got you a great figure.  we are the old timey girls to get some curves like that.  most girls now want to be beanpoles.  keep up the good work. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

goglesby
on 9/21/09 1:34 am - Crandall, GA
it has been four weeks since my tt and I was 210 before tt and after tt 195 then when i came home from hosptial I was185. Now i am 195 I think that it is water and i am swallen. I go to the doctor today and i will find out!
Monica P.
on 9/21/09 4:53 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I was post-op 3 weeks this past Friday. I'm back at work today. :)

I had my last drain removed on Friday...the last one took a long time. I posted about it here, I had drama with it at the end.

Before surgery I was a 14/16, depends on what clothes I was trying on. I always had a hard time fitting things around my hips where my skin was hanging.

Since surgery I'm down about 20 pounds (9 lbs of skin was removed) and I'm wearing 12-14...I bought a few pair of new underwear, but nothing else yet. I don't know if I will continue to shrink. I'm wearing hand-me-downs from clothing exchanges I've been to.

I like the coke bottle compliment!!! I've seen your pics, you have a great tiny waistline. You look fabulous.  My friends keep teasing me asking if I got my boobs done because they look so much bigger on my smaller hips!

My goal is to be a size 10. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would make it this far!!

sonnieN
on 9/21/09 5:15 am - grand rapids, MI
Pre-op I was wearing a size 12. Post-op I'm in a size 10 but the waist is very big on them. Probably could be in an 8 if it wasn't for my thunder thighs (thank God those are being done in 4 1/2 weeks).  My waist is 28 inches as of the last time I measured.

I had 3 drains, first one take out at 2 weeks, second one at 3 weeks and 3rd at 6 weeks. That final drain didn't want to stop and drove me nuts towards the end. No fun returning back to work w/ a drain still in your leg.
kimmee2k
on 9/21/09 5:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello,
I was a 8 when I went in for my TT and now I am a 6. I have not put up any pictures recently but I will soon. I just had my breast revisioned for the first time after my implants. I got capsular contractures around them but the surgery was not bad. I am still at 145 and have been for 2 years almost. I wished you continued success and many blessings.
Kimmee
oceanwave2
on 9/21/09 10:42 am - Clayton, NC
GIRL!!!

After my weightloss surgery I got down to 165 pounds and was a size 16/18 womens and an XXL in juniors.

I am such a HOT MESS NOW!  I am down to a 150 pounds and am a size 10/12 womens petite or a size medium and a large Junior.

so to go over it again...

Before : 16/18 womens and XXL in Juniors
After: 10/12 petite/ medium/Large Juniors

Hope this helps.  I am just now 4 months out.

Jasmine
aknewme
on 9/21/09 12:10 pm
Hot mess?  What is wrong...sounds like a good loss
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/21/09 12:22 pm - OH
I lost less than a full size after my TT (but I had already had a panniculectomy).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vickie O.
on 9/21/09 1:42 pm, edited 9/21/09 1:43 pm - amarillo, TX
went shopping today because needed clothes for cold weather. i bought a size 10 pants and a size 8, yes u heard me ladies an 8.  that is down from the 12 i mentioned earlier in the post. and yes i am still swollen.  after about 5 months, i plan on spending some major bucks on some clothes i really like (if my swelling is gone).  i plan on spreading it out over 2 or 3 months. i need shoes, underwear, clothes and whatever.  good luck to you. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Most Active