Silly Question

kidneedonor
on 9/20/09 10:40 am, edited 9/20/09 6:50 pm
I am getting TT on November 18th, my question is... will I experience HAIR LOSS AGAIN??

Thanks in advance for any info regarding this subject..

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/09 1:50 pm
In general, PS patients tend not to experience hair loss the way WLS patients do (at least that's what I read in these pages of posts).

I think that I only read of one person on these boards who experienced any thinning, and though I cannot find that thread right now, I recall that she reported significantly LESS hair loss.

Others will come along to chime in soon, I'm sure.

Melissa M.
on 9/20/09 2:06 pm - Seabrook, TX
Some slight hair loss may happen to a small percentage of people, but that is not the norm with PS usually.  I'm 3 months out and haven't experienced any hair loss.
cbhjr98
on 9/20/09 4:24 pm
I dont agree that you dont experiance hair loss like WLS. With my RNY I just experianced some thinning. With my LBL April 2nd, I still have a 3" diam. bald spot (not thinning, but BALD) on the back/left side of my head. It hasn't started growing back yet either. I'm up for my upper body lift in December and since this hasn't started growing back yet, I wonder how much I will lose then, as well. This is especially trying for me as my wedding is on April 21st and I really don't look forward to being half bald in my wedding dress!

I think you are wishful thinking if you don't think you will lose at least some hair after a few months, but every person is different on how much and how they lose it (thinning vs spot balding).

Good luck,

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Anjail
on 9/21/09 12:00 am - Detroit, MI

I don't think so. Well at least I hope not. I'm a new post-oper. So far I haven't had any issues with my hair and hopefully I wont. I'll keep you posted on my hair

cleos_mom
on 9/21/09 6:25 am - phila., PA
you loose hair everyday but after surgery about 3 months or so you will notice that your hair is not growing so when you loose it is not getting replaced they say it is from the anesthesia and the shock to your body not everybody gets this . I do and you know what it starts growing again after about 3 months. my hair loss was worth with my RNY then with plastics
Most Active