Insurance?

oceanwave2
on 9/20/09 7:15 am - Clayton, NC
Hey Guys,

I have a few quick questions.  The first is I am planning on getting my butt, thighs, and pubic area done early next year along with my arms.  I have letters from my pcp, gyn, and information from my orthopedics doctor including office notes, MRI report, and a diagnosis of femoral syndrome of my knees.

So the question is do you all think with all this documentation that my insurance will cover these procedures?  Please keep in mind that my insurance did cover my BL and Anchor TT.

I don't have anothe visit with my surgeon until February, I will see him at his practice's event on the 29th of this month.  I am doing the heart walk on September 27th and having my wisdom teeth pulled on October 1st or 2nd.  So I have a pretty full schedule coming the next few weeks.

I really just need some advice.  Also my surgeon is getting me quotes put together to get the rest of my surgeries just in case insurance doesn't cover something.

Thanks for all your help.
caroline2622
on 9/30/09 9:12 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
My PS visit yesterday I understand BCBS is one of the few insurances that will cover WLS Surgery related surgery for medical necessity (rashes/hernia repairs).    Most of the other insurances do not cover repairs.   Been told to record well rashes and take photos.   Back pain will not be approved for reconstruction.   Yes get your doctors PCP/OBGYN and any other doctors to write letters recommending the reconstruction. 

I am crossing my fingers and toes that BCBS will pay for mine.  

Good Luck

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active