Skin issues for a 40 year oll

Feelbetterat60
on 9/20/09 8:07 am - Hempsted, TX
Would a 40 year old who is approx. 5'4" and at least 150 lbs. overweight absolutely have to have belly and thigh skin removed?  A very generous person has offered to pay for a VSG for a mutual friend who probably couldn't afford the follow up surgeries should they be necessary.

I'm 60 years old, am a lot taller, and had a lot less to lose.  Good shapewear takes care of my skin issues.  

We love this friend and want to help her.  Any wisdom from those of you in her age group.

Jill
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/20/09 12:57 pm
Well, I had WLS when I was 43, am 5'5" tall, and have lost 150 lbs. So that's sorta close to the stats you mention. I look good in clothes, and don't have as much excess skin as many I've seen, but would look too saggy to wear a bikini comfortably in public.

Other things have more bearing on the skin issues though in addition to how over weight you were. Like genetics (some of us just have more resilient skin) and how long you were over weight (over entire life, only since having baby a few years ago, etc).

I could easily skip the plastics (and fiance agrees I look good as is) and I don't have enough droop to cause infection or issues in creases or anything, but I will get plastics for vanity purposes. I can afford them so I will, but would live healthily and happily as is even if I couldn't.

I don't know if that's what you were looking for, but I hope it helped.

Feelbetterat60
on 9/20/09 7:42 pm - Hempsted, TX
Yes,  all of the posts have helped.  What you said makes sense.

Thanks,

Jill 
Most Active