Annual Pap after LBL and Inner Thigh Lift Question

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/09 9:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Ladies!
I have a question for those of you who have already had the LBL and or the Inner Thighplasty (long incision).

Did anyone have to have their annual pap shortly after surgery?  I'm hoping to have the surgery on my butt and/or thighs at the end of Nov or first of Dec.  Four weeks later I have to go to the GYN for my annual exam.  Will I even be able to get on the table and legs in stirrups???? 
MAN what we have to think about just to have plastics....

Any insight you can share would sure be appreciated!!!
Thanks!!
BethinSeattle
on 9/19/09 4:41 pm - Federal Way, WA
I think if I was faced with wondering how I'd do, I might opt to reschedule for before my PS..even though I'm usually the one to put off the GYN rather than jump and get it early.

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
DS Facts
on 9/20/09 3:05 am
I'm due for my pap too but am just going to put it off until I feel recovered enough for it.

cleos_mom
on 9/20/09 10:25 am - phila., PA
depending on how wellyou heal  you should be able to do that. I was fine 4 weeks after my surgery but if you are no sure reschedule your GYN
Susan
cbhjr98
on 9/20/09 4:54 pm
Funny you should mention stirups. With the long insisions, that is the 'default' position that most docs cut you in so unless your GYN is brutal and makes you do splits, the stirups and the exam table (that's usually slightly elevated like a recliner) is actually quite comfy.  Now as for the comfort of the rest of it - LOL....

Unless something isn't healing right, at four weeks, you'll be fine for your check up. I was swimming at 6 weeks (ok, so I was playing in the swimming pool - actually SWIMMING didn't happen - lol).

cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 1:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Cass!
Thanks so much for the info.
I had no idea the surgeon cuts you in that position.  Very interesting!!

I think I'll just keep the appointment for now and if I feel I can't do it a few days before hand then I'll reschedule.  I feel FANTASTIC and am less than 3 weeks post op with the TT.

Take care!
Ruth
Most Active