10 days away.....

Joanna O.
on 9/18/09 4:39 pm - Manchester, NH

I should be absolutely thrilled that I am getting all this extra crap off of me- but I am scared to death.  Before bypass you have a good year to get prepared thi**** me like a ton of bricks.  I don't even know what he's using for pain managment in the hospital.  I just know they sent me home with a respirator to practice breathing and I have to wear a girdle well a binder but it looks like a girdle.  Think he will notice if I hide under the bed?

~*Joanna*~        
vickie O.
on 9/18/09 11:26 pm - amarillo, TX
i know how u are feeling, i was scared to death also. things are going well though.  came through the surgery with flying colors.  hope u can come to terms with odds are everything will be ok.  i don't know what type of surgery you are having, but i hope it is a wonderful success.  hang in there. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

princesshan
on 9/20/09 12:12 am - ID
I am 2 days away and freaking out myself! Do you think they would notice if both of us were hiding under the bed! Haha! Just wanted to wish you luck! Hang in there!
DS Facts
on 9/20/09 3:04 am
I had my 2 week freak too, but I seemed to have totally gotten over and and have settled down now. Yeah, it IS scary stuff, you wouldn't be human if you weren't apprehensive about it. All the best with your surgery.
Anjail
on 9/20/09 10:43 pm - Detroit, MI
You will be fine. I was the same way. Had mine on 9/11 and came through just fine. It is kind of weird though not having a stomach and love handles when you have had them all you life. It's amazing to sit down with nothing hanging over your pants. Don't worry you will be fine. Just take it easy after your surgery and do everything you doctor tells you to do.
Most Active