I'm DRAIN-FREE!!!

Monica P.
on 9/18/09 5:24 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I went to see my surgeon and he agreed it ws time to remove my last remaing drain. This time I wasn't a coward and I watched him gently pull out that nasty bugger.  This time I had a little more sensation along my incision line and I felt it. WEIRD!!!!

The stitches that held the drain in place had come loose and somehow found their way up inside my inscision....causing the drainage and pain.  But its all gone now.....NO MORE DRAINS!

Back to work on Monday!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 5:49 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
YIPPPEEE!!!  I'm happy for you.
I'll be doing the happy dance on Monday afternoon when my drain comes out.

I'm a little nervous about it..........I'm a baby with this sort of stuff. 
Monica P.
on 9/18/09 6:14 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Oh, I was a big old coward too, looking away and holding my breath. You don't feel a thing, there's no sensation.  I felt today's removal, but its wasn't painful. I just felt the tube sliding out.

Be strong, its going to be ok.

aknewme
on 9/18/09 10:45 am
How did you all shield/hold your drains while taking a shower? bath?
Monica P.
on 9/18/09 4:01 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I was not allowed to shower while I had my drains. When I got down to one drain my surgeon told me I could but that I was not to ge****er on the exit site for the drain or ge****er inside the drain.

I tried to shower my taking tape and taping pieces of a plastic bag to the area but it never seemed to work....the gauze was always wet when I was done.  So I went back to cleaning with baby wipes. :(

aknewme
on 9/21/09 10:57 am, edited 9/21/09 10:59 am
Memo to self: buy baby wipes

How was your 1st day at work?  (How many wks were u out)
Monica P.
on 9/21/09 3:02 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I kept my baby wipes in the fridge and it was really refreshing to use them in the summer heat.  Even now, I still have a box in there, feels good on my face after coming in from the heat.

The first day was alright, I took a nap in my car at lunch time and put my binder on. I knocked out!

Patsy_H_LBC
on 9/21/09 6:24 pm - Long Beach, CA
I am so glad you are doing well and you look great. I'll be there on sat. hope to meet you . Wish i was that far along. My journey hasn't even started yet.

Patsy

Anjail
on 9/21/09 3:53 am - Detroit, MI

I tied a shoelace around my neck and had the draines safetypinned on each end.  When taking a shower I don't really let the water hit the front of my body. I will let the water run over my neck.

aknewme
on 9/21/09 10:58 am
dang...that sounds like it is TOO MUCH work.  (lol)
Most Active