13 lbs GONE Since Tummy Tuck!

gonemadx3
on 9/18/09 12:47 am - East Peoria, IL

I am just in utter disbelief, but thrilled!
Before my tummy tuck I was hanging out between 161-163lbs.
7 weeks later I'm down to 151lbs as of this morning!!

I was stalled out for at least 6 months before. Seems like this has jump started my weight loss and I am super excited!

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

Cindy F.
on 9/18/09 1:40 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
that is just awesome.  Are you eating less? 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
sonnieN
on 9/18/09 1:56 am - grand rapids, MI
Too funny, your numbers are exactly the same as mine only I'm 8 weeks out from LBL.
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 2:29 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW that's incredible.....congrats!

Do you know how many lbs they removed during your TT?
Have you taken you waist measurements?

I'm 2 weeks out and still not showing any weight loss (I'll check it tomorrow but doubt it because I'm still swollen in the legs and butt).
gonemadx3
on 9/18/09 5:55 am, edited 9/18/09 5:55 am - East Peoria, IL

I am pretty sure he said he took off a little over 5lbs of skin.

My appetite is a little different yes. I can't or don't seem to want to eat as much.

I am not a good measurer, lol, but I am comfortably in a size 11 in jeans( I think these are juniors & they are slightly stretchy), 10 in dress pants and medium to large shirt.

I am tickled to death!
I think for the first time in my entire life I am actually looking foward to working out and exercising because I believe I will actually be able to see the results easier since the skin is gone. I wouldn't care if I didn't lose anymore, I would just want to firm and tighten what I have.

Also, I do think I still have some swelling around my sides where my drain holes were. They are still healing from the inside out and I can tell they are a little puffy still.

-Michele

NORMAL WEIGHT

or

michelle1123
on 9/18/09 6:41 am - San Francisco, CA

Great news, Michele.  I've been stuck about 10-15 pounds from my goal for a while, so I hope I follow in your shoes when I have my LBL in Dec.  I hear that you don't want to eat much for a while after that, but that you're also quite swollen so I'm hoping the water retention doesn't outweigh whatever weight loss I have (fingers crossed while typing). 

Take care,

Michelle

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 7:30 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI!
I don't want to burst your bubble but want you to go into surgery with realistic expectations.  You will more than likely come out of surgery weighing more than when you went in.  It will probably stay that way for a few weeks or couple months.  There are many ladies on the site who post that they are swollen and still weighing more at 8 weeks post op.

Again, not trying to be a downer....just want you to know all the facts before you go in....  The weight gain is only temporary.....you'll wake up one day and it will look like you suddenly drop all the water weight.

Best wishes!!
gonemadx3
on 9/21/09 12:59 am - East Peoria, IL
Yip! That is very true!
I was retaining alot of water early out of surgery. I was weighing anywhere from 5-8 lbs more than I did going in.
It seems like over the course of a few days i went back to my regular weight, then just kept going down down down....
It has been BY FAR the easiest surgery recovery I have ever experienced and I am very lucky for that!!!

-Michele

NORMAL WEIGHT

or

Most Active