PS and weight gain....

MultiMom
on 9/17/09 9:47 pm - NH
I am sure that I have read here that there is a temporary weight gain after plastic surgery........ I guess I need reassurance!

I had breast augmentation on Wednesday, and today my scales are up 5 pounds . I am very happy with the new girls!

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

ltlkim9424
on 9/17/09 11:03 pm - Lakeville, MN
I had mine implants done 2 weeks ago today and I was up 6lbs originally. I am down 2 of those now and my implants weight 2 lbs so I am still retaining fluids. It will drop off. Don't sweat it girl!
cbhjr98
on 9/17/09 11:11 pm
ACK! Now I'm a little nervous :-)... who knows what mine will be in December.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
FLGail
on 9/18/09 2:16 am - Sun City, AZ
Yes, but it is temporary so don"t freak out. It is from retaining fluids and swelling. It took me a few weeks for it all to leave. Congrads on your new girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gail
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 2:33 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep, it's temporary.
When I had my breast reduction and lift last year I came home 5 lbs heavier........I think it took about 3 weeks to see it starting to go down.
When I had my Brachioplasty I came home 3 lbs heavier and again it took about 3 weeks to see it go down a little.

I just had my TT 2 weeks ago and I really can't wait for the scale to start to go down.  Even though I know it's only fluid and it's temporary it is still bothersome.  I worked so hard to get to my goal and hate seeing the scale go in the other direction for any reason.

Hang in there.....it will get better
Ruth
michelle1123
on 9/18/09 6:47 am - San Francisco, CA
Wow... great timing for me to read this post!  After being stable with my weight for 6+ months, I am now up about 6 pounds following my brachioplasty, breast aug/lift and thigh liposuction.  My scale measures water % and this morning I registered at 56%, which is more than 10% normal for me.  Even though it makes sense that the weight gain is not true weight gain, it still depressed me to see the numbers rise so much,

So, thanks for posting this and the replies/guidance others provided!!

Michelle

Most Active