Yo tengo problema grande.

Monica P.
on 9/17/09 3:43 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

(I have a big problem)

My last drain has been KILLING me for the past two days. I thought it was because maybe I pulled it on accident or something. It STINGS!!!!! Usually the pain comes and goes, but when its present it hurts like a muther!!!!  I found relief in taking lots more Tylenol and sometimes just holding the drain really close with my fingers helps.

So tonight when I went to change the bandages around it, the gauze was soaked with brown discharge that smelled like rancid meat.

Oh my God.

I called my surgeon and he's going to see me first thing tomorrow morning...so please, take care of your drains as much as they are a pain in the ass. I don't know what I did wrong, but I hope he just removes the damn thing tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/09 5:33 pm - Haleiwa, HI
Oh no, Monica!  I am so sorry to hear that, and it has to be so scary! Is it still producing a lot of fluid?

I hope you get it out tomorrow!

Jessica
Monica P.
on 9/18/09 12:06 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I slept the best I could, I'm exhausted...I was in pain again last night.

When I changed the dressing again this morning there was the same discharge and smell but it wasn't soaked like it ws last night. I'm getting ready to see my surgeon now.

The good news is that the drain is very empty, so I hope it comes out.

wondering
on 9/17/09 8:32 pm - Canada
Oh my goodness.  I hope everything is okay.  Good luck this morning.
L.

Cindy F.
on 9/18/09 1:53 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
I am so sorry.  Please let me know what the Dr. says.  Hope that nasty drain comes out!!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 2:25 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
You poor thing........sounds awful! 
Please post and let us know how you did at the Dr's today. 
I hope you are feeling much better now.
Ruth
Most Active