ARM DRAINS REMOVED........yEA

MIA'S MEMA B.
on 9/18/09 9:29 pm - SOMEWHERE, NJ
MY ARM DRAINS HAVE BEEN Removed thursday.  3 days after surgery,   I am so happy.  Now for the stomach,    Dr says next thursday I hope.     They tried to fif me for arm compression garment but did not have a large.   they will order one for next week.    Meanwhile I can take a shower but cannot because I will not be able to rewrap my arms.  they were wrapped with ace bandages.     I was able to see the arms underneath and see that my right arm has a little lip that the doctor will have to fix.   My delima is how soon do I use something to soften the scars and what to use.     Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Blessings
Byvonne
cleos_mom
on 9/18/09 11:51 pm - phila., PA
thats great that your drains are out, I wouldn't put anything on your scars until you ask your Dr.
susan
tazfan
on 9/19/09 6:03 am
Do not put anything on your incisions until your surgeon tells you it is OK.  Mine told me once the scabbing was gone I could start massaging them.  Most doctors will tell you that it does not matter what you use, it is the massaging that decreases the appearrance of the scars not the cream you use.  I used vitamin E oil on mine because it felt good rubbing it on and it keeps my skin soft.  I still apply lotion with vit E everyday.  I have very fair skin and my surgeon is amazed at how my incisions have faded for someone with red hair and freckles.  I tried Mederma and Kelocote both are much more expensive than vit E lotions and both made me break out in a rash.
How many drains did you have?  I did not have any drains in my arms at all.  I wore the compression garment for 3 weeks, could have stopped at 2 but my arms felt better in it in the beginning.

Lisa
MIA'S MEMA B.
on 9/22/09 12:29 pm - SOMEWHERE, NJ
Hi lisa,    I had 4 drains.  two in arms and two in abdomen.  I also had a hernia removal and tt.'
My stomach is so flat.  Its almost unbeliveable.    I ordered kelocote and a mid body compression garment yesterday.  Hope that it works for me.  I will remember what you said about messaging.   Hopefully i will have at least one of the two remaining drains out on thursday.   I also take 2thousand ccs of vitemen C daily to aide in the healing process. 

(pls pardon spelling...very sleepy)  

Blessings
Bev
Most Active