FORBIDDEN Before Pic **Look at your own risk**

Susan Hegarty
on 9/17/09 1:39 pm - Easton, PA
I went to doc today for a follow up and as usual had my complaints about swelling and a whole list of questions. I adore my doc and thank God I found him, because not only is he extremely talented, but he is so humble and cares so much about his patients. You just don't see that all the time, unfortunately. So anyway.. he sat me down, looked me in the eye and calmly said, "Susan do you remember the day you walked into my office and the pictures we took?" It has only been 5 weeks, but I honestly forgot what I loooked like pre-op. He printed out the pics for me (now I have NEVER seen or taken a pic of my naked body EVER, you just dont do that when you have fat issues Shocked ) and handed them to me. I swore he printed the wrong patients pictures, I COULDNT POSSIBLY HAVE LOOKED LIKE THAT! Especially after losing 230lbs! And then I saw the panties and the chart with my name on it in the pic.
This moment slammed me into reality and I just broke down and cried. I now understand what he sees when he does a checkup and why he is so pleased with the outcome. Anyone from NY, PA or NJ I woul dhighly reccomend seeing him for a free consult if you are considering ps.
I can promise that I will not be complaining about my swelling anymore, I promise you that. It is only a temporary side effect of a surgery that gave me my life back and my body that has been hidden for over 20 years!
I have done something I NEVER would have had the guts to do before. I posted my bare ass pre TT pics for everyone to see. I am shaking as I type this because I never in a million years would have thought I would have the courage to show this picture to my best girlfriend, and here I am posting it on the web.
This long journey has had a lot of ups and downs, but today had to be one of the biggest eye openers for me ever.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening, it's such a comfort to know that you ladies understand Wink .
(((Hugs))

Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/09 5:31 pm - Haleiwa, HI
Susan,

What an amazing transformation!  You look absolutely amazing!  I love love love the placement of your incisions and would love to send them to my surgeon to show him where I would like my incisions to be. 

So inspiring!

Jessica
DEBI R.
on 9/17/09 6:49 pm - CORSICANA, TX
You look amazing Susan, looks like you had a great surgeon.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

debbiel
on 9/17/09 7:54 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
Hi..you look Great...Enjoy the Journey...Have a great weekend.  Debbie....
speicallady
on 9/17/09 8:25 pm - bronx, NY
You look wonderful
its ok to complain here, most of us have been through this type of surgery
we understand what we look like before, but sometimes, after surgery it Can be a bit
frustration.  it get better, 

But you look good, so it was well worth it!!!

just wait until a few months when you are fully healed.

Debra
Renee2007
on 9/17/09 11:17 pm - Central, FL
I think you look fantastic. I know it's frustrating but the swelling will eventually work itself out. You have made such an amazing transformation and I agree your plastic surgeon is an artist!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

dw45
on 9/17/09 11:52 pm - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
You look AMAZING!!  I'm so happy that your results turned out to be so wonderful!

Be proud and happy!  I know you are!!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

txAngela
on 9/18/09 12:38 am
You look great!!  I think your doc did an amazing job, on both your surgery and helping you gain perspective.  Thanks so much for posting these pictures...I hope to look as good as you after my LBL and BL in January!!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/18/09 1:21 pm - OH
I had  a simnilar experience.  I was feeling frustrated with not looking quite like I expected after having to do separate panniculectomy, mons lift, and TT surgeries, and then my surgeon showed me my before pics.  I had forgotten how I looked BEFORE the mons lift and TT... and the perspective was much needed.

I'm glad your surgeon was able to help you feel better.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active