Why so many revisions?

wondering
on 9/17/09 8:30 pm - Canada
I am scheduled for an LBL in November.  I want to get my arms done in the new year.  I am reading here about many people having revisions and that is making me nervous.  I can barely think about affording the surgeries that I have planned.  Why do so many people need revisions?
L.

BarbD
on 9/17/09 10:47 pm - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
WHY so many arm revisions?? I really don't know, other than trying for real symmetry in both arms, which is difficult to achieve.  I had a small part of my left arm revised at 6 months post op because I
wasn't happy with the results. In a normal position no one else could tell, but I saw it every morning when I raised my arms to do my hair.  My surgeon has a certified surgical suite in his office so there were no hospital fees with the revision;  he used a twilight sleep and he charged nothing.  Good luck with your upcoming surgeries.  Barb
wondering
on 9/18/09 9:17 pm - Canada
That fantastic.  Here in Canada, I can't see a surgeon doing anything for free:-) but I will definitely ask about that.

Renee2007
on 9/18/09 12:03 am - Central, FL
This is just my opinion, not sure if it really holds any credibility. I think it's because most of us spent so many years obese or even super obese and our skin is just different and not nearly as elastic as someone who's seeking a tummy tuck due to strteching from childbirth. I think as people who have lost tremendous amounts of weight our skin presents more challenges and often times problems for the plastic surgeon to try and correct. I know for myself I have been overly critical of things and I think we need to take a look at where we started and how far we've come. We strive for perfection but that's really not realistic.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

wondering
on 9/18/09 9:16 pm - Canada
It's really hard to know what realistic is.  When I went to the surgeon I asked if it this is skin or am I still fat.  He really didn't answer the question - just told me what he could do.  I have another appointment to talk to him.  And everyday, I get more questions.  Thanks - that skin thing makes sense.
L.

Cruisinpat
on 9/19/09 10:56 pm
HIJACK - Renee, your new pic is beautiful! You look amazing. How are you doing?

Renee2007
on 9/20/09 7:32 am - Central, FL
Hi Pat,
Thank you, you're so sweet. I am doing really well. I've recovered nicely from the tummy tuck and breast lift. I see my surgeon on Friday and hope to be able to discuss moving forward with my arms and thighs. I'm ready to get it done.

I miss seeing you around here. I know you are busy living your life and loving your DS and that's a GOOD thing! Call me sometime. I'd love to chat.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

NUBarb45
on 9/20/09 10:26 am - Belton, TX

I just took a peak at your photos, you look amazing.  I have a consultation on Oct 6th for a LBL and breast implants. Thumbs up to you. You look great girl and I know you feel that way too.
Barbara

I am not afraid of tomorrow,
for I have seen yesterday
and I love today......

Renee2007
on 9/20/09 11:07 am - Central, FL
Hi Barbara,
Thanks so much!  Yes, I feel fantastic. Having plastic surgery has just been the icing on the cake for me. It has boosted my self-esteem so much, plus I love the way clothes fit me now. I owe it all to my surgeon and his skills. Good luck to you on your consultation. Be sure to ask a lot of questions and make sure your surgeon knows what your expectations are. Keep us posted!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 2:23 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI!
I agree with what Renee said about the challenges of our skin.

I have also read many surgeons sites which indicate the arms are just more tricky to do so it often does involve a revision.  A good surgeon will tell you upfront that if a revision is necessary you do not pay anything additional to the surgeon.  The only thing you will probably have to pay is the facility and anesthesia fee.

Best wishes on your journey....
Ruth
Most Active