Standing up straight

islands02
on 9/18/09 9:11 am - MD
After your tummy tuck, how long was it before you could stand up straight again.  I am 1 week out today, and I am still hunched over.  I try to stand upright, but I have this fear that I will split my incision line.  I just want to get my good posture back.
Thanks
workingmommy
on 9/18/09 10:04 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I think it was a good 3-4 weeks.  I had to reming myself to stand up straight.  It is hard at first because everything is so tight.  After the first week my dr said it was fine to start standing up, that nothing will split. 

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 11:10 am, edited 9/18/09 11:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm just over 2 weeks and standing pretty straight.....just a little more to go.  I have not been fully hunched over for few days.
It gets better with each day.
islands02
on 9/19/09 12:02 am - MD
Thanks for the replies.  I'm hanging in there and I keep telling myself that each day I'll get a little better and stand a little taller.
tammyncook
on 9/19/09 3:16 am - Osceola, WI
I had a tummy tuck & hernia repair. I was standing up straight before I left the hospital so it just depends... everyone is so different.
Tammy
Highest Weight 290 / Day of Surgery 275 / Doctor's Goal 190 / My Goal 160 / Now 143
Anjail
on 9/20/09 6:06 am - Detroit, MI
I am also a week out. I can stand up straight as long as i stand up really slow. I've have the best recovery every. Nothing to complain about. My side are really hard but that's from the lipo. I have to massage them a couple of time a day but over all I am doing just fine. You incision is not going to split I have the extended achor cut and if mine hasn't split yours wont either. Just try standing up slow and you will be ok.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/20/09 11:04 am - OH
I was still a bit hunched over when I went back to work at 4 weeks.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active