Ucky question

Kim J.
on 9/17/09 10:16 am - Claremore, OK
Sorry, but Its too late to call my dr. office for a non-emergency related problem.  I'm 2 weeks out today and I took off the 2nd set of tape the PS office put on.  She told me to take it off after a week and start with the scar guard.  My question is.....I have a couple of whitish puss looking holes in my arm pits.  I know its gross, but some of you may have been through this.  I put some polysporin on them and covered them with some guaze and a little tape.  Is there anything more I can do or should do?

I was terrified to take off my tape.  I didn't want to see the incisions.  But I'm pleasently surprised.  I feel more "open and vulnerable" now for some reason.  That little brown tape they had on my incisions made everything ok for me.  Silly I know.  But now that its off and I have these places that need attention I just wonderd if any of you have been through this and can offer me some advice???

I had Brach and thats why I have the holes in my arm pits..
Thank you so much!
Kim J.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/09 11:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Kim,
Hi!
I just had all my steri-strips/tape removed on Tuesday.  I didn't do it, my surgeon did.  I don't think I 'd be able to do it myself........I'm a big sissy!  I can handle pain but can't look at or touch the incision easily.  I totally understand what you are saying.  I'm always afraid I will suddenly POP OPEN!  Plus, I hate seeing the raw incision!  I did peek at it today...gotta say it doesn't look too bad...only a couple of reddish areas.  No pops, tears, or leaks (thank God!).   I felt much more secure when the steri-strips were still on. 

I'm sorry I can't help with the armpit ooze.  My pits hurt when I had my brachio done but the incision never oozed. 

It sounds to me like you are doing the right thing. 
Best wishes
Gentle Hugs
Ruth

Kim J.
on 9/20/09 11:22 am - Claremore, OK

Hi Ruth!
How are you feeling?  I'm doing well with my TT, but my breasts and arms hurt like A real BAD WORD!!! 
I get tired really easy and I poop out!  I'm going to be off work at least another week.  I may go ahead and take not go bac****il 4 weeks after surgery.  I take care of 2 year olds and I just don't think I can keep my house up and safe for them, and chase them too. 
I have to call PS office back tomorrow about my armpits they didn't call me back Friday.  I guess they were busy.  I hope I'm doing the right thing for them.  I assume I am I'm not seeing signs of infection.

Take care and keep in touch!
Kim J!.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

workingmommy
on 9/17/09 10:45 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with

I had a spot in my right armpit that took forever to close up.  It started with a huge scab, but when the came off, the spot did not want to close.  I took a pic and emailed to my dr.  He said it does happen more frequently in that spot due to all the movement.  He said keep it very clean, and that it should heal on it's own (He's pretty laid back), but to call if it showed signs of infection.  The spot looked whitish and wet, but never red,swollen, or warm.  So, I kept it clean, and tried not to stretch may arm too much.  It did heal on its own in about 3 weeks, and now you can't even tell it's there.  I may still have the pic of what it looked like if you want to see it.  Hang in there!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Kim J.
on 9/20/09 11:19 am - Claremore, OK
Thanks for the reply!  I haven't been on here much to check my replies.  I called the PS office 2x's on Friday and no return call.  I was kind of disapointed about that.  I have the whitish and wet spot under both arms but one is more.  It smells too.  I'm going to try to call them tomorrow again and see if there is anything I can do for it other then what I'm doing... Which is what you said, keep it clean.

Thanks again!
Kim J.

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/09 11:56 am
Be careful with the polysporin.  If there is an infection you don't want to prevent it from exiting the body by putting thick ointment over the site.

Good luck.
Kim J.
on 9/20/09 10:58 pm - Claremore, OK
Thanks Michelle!
I didn't think about it like that.  But I did quit with the polysporin because Its so wetish that I thought it needed to dry out.  So now I'm just using Mild soap and water 2xs a day.  I'm trying to let as much air get to it as I can.

Thanks again for your reply!
Kim J!

Most Active