Nipple Inversion Surgery

MistersMom65
on 9/16/09 4:37 am - TN
The day after the surgery I had went back in because my right was really hurting and I was afraid I had done something to it. They glanced out it and said it was fine & just take my pain meds that it would be sore. I went back in a week (as instructed) for the 2 stitches to be removed by the nurses. The nurse told me that it was no concern but I had a large scab on the right one & they would get that stitch out this past Monday. Well I went back to my PS Monday for a recheck on my new OUTverted nipples. AND he said that it was NOT a scab that instead part of my nipple had DIED!. He said to keep it cushioned until my TT next month and he will fix it then. Well I'm KINDA freaking out now about it being DEAD. Has anyone had any issues with their skin dying? I know you're told that's a possibility but I'm kinda concerned also that I went in the following day of surgery and they had said it was fine but it was ALREADY dying!
 I'm good though, just wanted any info you might have, if anyone HERE had any necrosis.
 Thanks

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Cindy F.
on 9/16/09 7:27 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Oh I am so sorry.  Wow it can dye.  Who knew.  YIKES

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Jeanine F.
on 9/16/09 10:13 pm - Clifton Park, NY
OMG! Now I am officially scared shi--less, but its my understanding that in my upcoming breast reduction where they will have to move the nipples upward, they do not sever the nipples' nerve endings, so I am curious how this could happen?  I hope they fix it for you and everything turns out fine. Try to keep the faith.  Jeanine

mkgivens
on 9/17/09 10:49 pm - Brandon, MS
VSG on 03/18/09 with
Tissue death is always a risk of surgery, especially plastics. That's why it's best to be in optimal health, no smoking etc. prior to plastics because there may be major healing issues especially with areas like the nipples. Even when you do everything right there are risks. I had a breast reduction several years ago before wls. I was in good health, non-smoker etc. I almost lost one of my nipples (and the entire areola!) to necrosis. Fortunately, I did not and the area eventually healed. I know a couple of others who were not that fortunate and did lose there nipples. I'm told they can be reconstructed, but if they lose sensation (nerve death?) i don't think you can get that back. I was fortunate also that I had no loss of sensation. I am going to get a breast lift/augmentation in the next few months. I also have inverted (really flat not inverted) nipples. I have decided not to get them repaired when I do the lift because I don't want to run the risk of nipple loss/loss of sensation especially given the fact that I had previous problems with the very same thing.
5'4", Small/Medium Frame, Size 2/4

MistersMom65
on 9/18/09 4:21 pm - TN
And I went in knowing this was possible and hew said he will repair it next  month during my TT. NOW I've got a full blown infection in my right breast (the one that has partualy dead nipple) I am on Cipro(?) and Kelex(Sp)and popping pain pills like candy...I'm kinda freaked and considering not having TT next month...ALSO I took ibuprophen for the swelling and had a huge allergic reaction (face swelling , major trouble breathing ) and thought I was going to die!! I was terrified I have NEVER had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING before. Thanks for the response.PS I haven't had sensation in my nipples for years and he warneed me that I might lose it during the breast lift.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Most Active