Plastics in Costa Rica...

Karen O.
on 9/12/09 8:40 am - Erie, PA
Hi!  I am still about a year from getting my plastics done (TT & breast lift) ... but I love to have all the information I can get my hands on & prepare and plan for everything way in advance ... I have 3 kiddos to make sure are getting taken care of ;)

Anyways ... I don't think my insurance will cover my plastics, I only get a rash inside my belly button & not under my lower belly that hangs so low I just want to cut it off *sigh*.  I was researching plastic surgeons in Costa Rica & it really intrigued me to research it more!  I would love to have PS locally, but no where here does it same day surgery ... so I will get stuck with all the hospital costs & that is about as much as the surgery I hear.

So, if you have been to Costa Rica or elsewhere for your plastics I have a few questions:

~How many days do they like you to stay at the resort/hospital there? (It is only $130 for 2 people a day, that includes ALL meals)

~Did you like the cleanliness of the hospital/hotel?

~Was the nurses nice & professional that took care of you?

~Do they give you a follow up visit after surgery, or do you have to find a doctor in your hometown to see when you get back?

Any other information that you would like to share is much appreciated!  Thanks so much!

K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Pura Vida
on 9/17/09 11:42 am - Costa Rica
I live in Costa Rica and had my bariatric surgery here as well as some other surgeries. I have to say, I stayed at one of those plastic surgery recovery centers for about 2 weeks, and the clients who went to private "clinics" were not nearly as happy as the patients who went to CIMA Hospital (accredited by the joint commision).

I had my bariatric surgery at another hospital (Catolica) and the nursing was not as good as at Cima, even though the dr. was great.

BTW, I priced out a breast lift with silicone implants and a tummy tuck and it was around $7k for everything and that was with DR. Mora at Cima.

Hope this helps.

Heather

Most Active