Raccoon eyes

lulu42
on 9/13/09 6:48 am - KY
For those of you who have had eye procedures done......anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of the bruising around the eyes?  I had upper eyelids done more than a week ago and I cant tell the bruising is any better at all.  Thanks!.....................Barb

225/132/145
"I have learned that failure preceded success, and the right decisions are an extension of the wrong ones"    (Alex Spanos)

Redhaired
on 9/13/09 7:03 am - Mouseville, FL
When I had lower lids done I just waited it out and little by little the bruising went away.

lulu42
on 9/13/09 9:42 am - KY
Do you remember how long it took for the bruising to resolve?  Unfortunately, I'll have to go back to work in a week and a half (which could potentially be a funny sight).  Maybe I'll have to come up with a funny story to go along with it!  LOL   ..................Barb

225/132/145
"I have learned that failure preceded success, and the right decisions are an extension of the wrong ones"    (Alex Spanos)

MistersMom65
on 9/13/09 8:12 am - TN
I actually had someone putting iced gauze on my eyes RIGHT after surgery and never had that issue. Sorry!

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

lulu42
on 9/13/09 9:48 am - KY
I had the cold silicone eye goggles on before I came out of surgery and for the first three days wore the ice packs/goggles, so I don't think that would have made much difference for me. I chronically have a low platelet count which makes me more prone for bruising.  Now that I have the bruising, I'm trying to figure out if there is some home remedy or Doctor recommended one that might help my bruises go away sooner.  Thanks anyway!.....Barb

225/132/145

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/09 9:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm really not sure but would tea bags help? 
lulu42
on 9/13/09 10:03 am - KY
I dont know but it sounds harmless and might be worth a try! Thanks...................Barb

225/132/145

BethinSeattle
on 9/13/09 3:17 pm - Federal Way, WA
I had my uppers done a last year sometime.  I remember going to a baseball game 6 days out and being glad that I could wear sunglasses.  There was still some bruising at that time, but not alot.  I did the cold compresses alot and took arnica and bromelain before and after.

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/14/09 4:55 am
Certain supplements, as well as pain meds that thin the blood like aspirin or ibuprofen should be avoided after surgery because they increase bruising, but other than that, cover the bruises with make - up designed to cover things.

Derma Blend (I found it at Macy's) is one that I used that successfully hid bruising. It's a little expensive, but works like nothing else.
Most Active