dinner plate hernia and tt!!

goglesby
on 9/12/09 11:02 am - Crandall, GA
Hello,
   On Aug 24th I had a tt with a hernia repair. THe ps said it would be an anchor cut! When I went in for surgury the hernia was the size of a dinner plate. He could not take as much skin of the top because of the hernia repair. I guess I have a muffin top as stated in other post that i read. I am flat as a pancake below my belly button. Above the belly button I am not.  He thought that he could just sow the hernia back together but he had to use alot of mesh and i can see it underneath the skin. the insion looks good going up and down  but the one from hip to hip where the 2 insions come together there is a spot that is kind of yuck! I have a small hole beside th yucky part! he did alittle clean on it friday. I go back this tuesday! They remove 20 lbs of skin! i should be happy, maybe I am expecting to much to fast. I don't know if he could fix this later. THe insurence payed for the whole thing.   I lost 160 lbs with my rny 2 years ago and I  had rashes thats why the insurence payed for it. It looks like i may still be fighting with the rashes cause in the crease where it all come together stays kind of wet from sweat the the binder that i have to where. I don't know what i am feeling I just thought i would share to see if anyone else had anything like this. maybe the ps can fix it alot later when i have my breast lift.  Thanks for reading! i am just alittle disappionted!!
vickie O.
on 9/12/09 1:38 pm - amarillo, TX
i had a hernia repair and anchor cut on the 26th of august.  i know it is way too early to be making judgements on how it will look in the long run.  my doc didn't use any mesh and i sort of wished he had of.  he likes to try it without it at first.  i am so swollen that i can't tell how i will look. are u swollen also?  maybe that is what u are seeing as much as anything above your navel.  hang in there, try not to get too down.  if u are like me, right now i feel sort of down. this surgery is definately one that will kick you in the ass.  hope things look up for you soon. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Most Active