hair loss?

Lynette N.
on 9/13/09 3:48 am - LA
Is hairloss associatied with plastic surgery?
I lost a great deal of hair after wls and am fearful of this happening again.
thank you for your input
Lyn
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/09 3:52 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I've done tons of research on this cause I was shocked when my hair starting to fall out.

It is associated with the Anesthesia (not the fact that is "plastic" surgery....it could be any surgery). The anesthesia can put the hair follicle growth cycle to sleep.   The more anesthesia you have (as in multiple procedures) it can compound the problem.  The good news is it almost always grows back but it can take time.  The effects normally are seen about 3 months after the procedure so if you have one procedure and 3 months later have another you can be dealing with hair loss for 6 -9 months but again, it does come back and normally it does not all fall out....just thins out.

Hope that helps

661jennifer
on 9/13/09 8:53 am - bakersfield, CA
I was going to post a question regarding hair loss this morning...Thank you for beating me to it because I forgot to post it. Anyhow, I had the vsg in Feb and am having my body overhauled in December.

I went to lunch with my mother today and she could not stop commenting on how my hair has thinned. I have always had thick hair...So with December fast approaching, I am scared that I will be this super thin headed freak walking around with hardly any hair. Or worse, I will think I have pretty hair, at it will all look fried...What gives, I knew it was the anesthesia but I ignored the common side effects associated and  instead focused on my nutrition and digestion issues. Which I must add is doing nothing to help my hair....Bright side is that I see lots of tiny hairs poking out on top of my head.
"People are healed by different kinds of healers and systems because the real healer is within." - George Goodheart

cbhjr98
on 9/13/09 4:25 pm
I, too, hope it grows back soon. Mine wasn't just thinning. I have a 3 inch diameter spot on the left-back side of my head that is totally BALD. I am 5.5 months post op from the LBL/thigh lift and in December I go back for the chest, arms, breast lift/aug. I have my wedding in April so I sure hope I'm not bald by then!!!!!!!!!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Lynette N.
on 9/14/09 10:20 am - LA
thanks for all the input.  Prior to wls I had thin hair and lost more than I had anticipated.  Plastics are in the near future and I can't afford the loss of another strand. 
That being said, since it will grow back bye bye bat wings!
Lyn
Most Active