timing of surgery???

LinR
on 9/11/09 3:13 am
Hi:

I have been lurking here for a while.  I am six months post op and have lost most of my weight.

I thought I would have PS after my weight had stabeized a year.

I was talking to a NP who used to work in plastics and she said I should have it done when I am withing 10-20# of goal.  She said the skin is much more pliable at this point.  Probably looking a a LBL or Anchor TT with thigh lift and maybe brachioiplasty.

I am 7# out from goal and a size 2-4.  I really don't want to get a whole lot smaller in size, just want the number on the scale to read 107.  It's a head thing.  I have been exercising faithfully 4-5 x a week since surgery and my albumin and the rest of my labs look good.

What were you told?  Should I start the process now?

Thanks

LinR

Redhaired
on 9/11/09 4:51 am - Mouseville, FL
Your best bet is to talk to a plastic surgeon.  I imagine that they will want your weight to be stable for at least a little while.  But the surgeon is really the only one who can tell you if you are ready.

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/09 6:33 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on getting so close to your goal!

I've always been told I would get the best results if I were at or very very close to goal and normal BMI.  I've also been told and read that most surgeons want your weight to be stable.  If you are hoping for insurance to kick in you may have to wait anywhere from 6 months to 1 year once you hit your goal.

Best wishes!
Ruth
Most Active