when you finally don't have to wear your binders any longer

inkerdoodles
on 9/10/09 11:09 pm - Schenectady, NY

Ok... for all of you PS veterans... I was 8 weeks post op on Tuesday. When I saw my PS yesterday he said I am healing really well and don't need to wear my binder all of the time any longer.... WELL......

what a different feeling without my binder. I think I'm swelling up because I can definately feel my tummy and definately feel my numbness now. Is this common? I'm not sure if I should put my binder back on (or) if I should allow my body to do what it needs to do to adjust. I keep telling myself that I have at least 4 months to go before my stomach is going to be where its going to be... but it seems like 4 more months is going to take forever to get here.

any thoughts, suggestions? Hugs,

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 9/11/09 12:22 am

I'll be 4 months out this month and am still wearing my compression/girdles.  I definitely swell up without them - so much so that I am fearful I 'broke' something. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MSHAMO
on 9/11/09 1:49 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I am 6 months out and I still wear my binder. It was so tall that I cut the bottom 1/3 off so it just fits good. I had a lot of muscle repair and a baseball size umbilical hernia repair done. I don't wear it because of any pain I have ( I don't have any pain), it just feels like I have some support when I have it on. I think it's a personal preference, I just happen to like mine!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Melissa M.
on 9/11/09 7:16 am - Seabrook, TX
I'm almost 3 months out and I wear mine all day and just now have started taking it off at night.  I moved over the weekend and didn't wear it all and I felt fine without it but I noticed a little more swelling.  Of course that could have been because I was on my feet all day until about midnight each day.  I think it's really personal preference at this point.  If you feel fine without it and don't notice a difference in swelling, I'd say go without it.  I think most people like the support of it and continue to wear it.  I imagine I'll wear mine until I notice all my swelling is gone.
Most Active