Exercising after LBL

serenissima
on 9/11/09 2:38 am - RI
Hi, everyone,

I had a lower body lift in early July.  Still a little sore, but healing quite nicely.  Now, here's the thing:  I'm so paranoid that my belly and abdomen will go back to the way they were (I know - I'm being idiotic), so what exercises can I do, and when can I start exercising?  I still hate exercising (I walk every day), but what can I do (something easy, please) so my belly stays flat and that skin doesn't come back?

Thanks for your input.

BigCityGirl
on 9/11/09 4:32 am - San Diego, CA
I was doing everything at three weeks post op.  Running, weights - everything.    My LBL was two years ago and my belly is  as flat today as it was the day after surgery.    I haven't done one situp or crunch since my LBL - there's no need to - I've had my six pack surgically tightened. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/09 9:54 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Congrats on your success and surgery.

Personally I don't think you are being idiotic planing your post op exercise.  It's very smart of you.  Face it surgery is not a magic bullet.....we can cut the skin off but we go back to being coach potatoes and eating poorly we will end up overweight again. So I think you should be proud that you are being proactive.

First, check with your surgeon about when you can start exercising and to what degree.  It depends on what you had done and how you are healing so you really need to get guidance from your surgeon.

For me, if my surgeon agrees to it, I plan on starting to walk and doing power walking at the start of week 3.  I won't run 'cause I had my boobs lifted at the same time as the tummy tuck and I don't want unnecessary bouncing.....I just paid a lot of money to lift them, I'm not going to ruin it by bouncing/stretching them........a good power walk on the treadmill will give me a good cardio workout.  I also think by week 3 or 4 I should be get back to some light weight lifting for the arms. I  think calf raises should be easy to add in.  I won't plan on doing any stomach (core) exercise till about week 4 or 6...I'll just wait till the surgeon says it is safe.

Well that's my 2 cents........hope it helps some.
Ruth

Most Active