Pre-Prenancy Advice

sng31
on 9/9/09 11:44 pm - houston, TX

Hello All!  It has been recommended to me by numerous people to hold off on getting plastic surgery until after I have children.  I was wondering if you think the same applies to the legs? My legs seem to be my biggest issue.  Before consulting with the surgeon again I thought I might get some advice for all of you!  Thanks!

aknewme
on 9/10/09 12:55 am
I will be talking to a PS about this....I have the same concerns but it is w/ my tummy lift.  I would like to have it and heard it is possible.  It will not affect child-bearing, but there is a risk of having to do the surgery again.
MelissaF
on 9/10/09 3:02 am - Northwood, IA
I had an LBL in april and I have not had kids yet.  Not certain I will have kids naturally yet but haven't ruled it out yet either.  You can have kids after reconstruction however you may have to have it "tweaked" later if you want it as "svelte" as before.  It will never be like it was postop WLS more like after any woman has a baby.  For me to have the that removed before I would conceive was important to me.  I didn't want that in addition to baby weight.  I wasn't doing it for vanity more than to feel better overall.  Sure I like the way I look but I wanted to feel better too and I know with pregnancy I would feel better and you won't hurt the baby at all getting pregnant after a TT or body lift.

Good luck in your decision.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

sng31
on 9/10/09 3:43 am - houston, TX
Because of personal expirience with people having LBL prior to getting pregnant I will NOT have it before getting pregnant, considering I am currently trying.  I was just wondering if having ONLY my legs done prior to pregnancy would be a problem... Guess I should call the surgeon.
MelissaF
on 9/10/09 3:59 am - Northwood, IA
Gotcha.  Sorry to hear your friends had problems, that is too bad.  My friend did just fine.

Well, good luck in finding your answers and hope u can get done what you wish for before your pregancies.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Ms Shell
on 9/11/09 4:36 am - Hawthorne, CA
Can I ask what problems they had and how long after their LBL did they get pregnant?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

sng31
on 9/11/09 4:42 am - houston, TX
I know 2 people who got very large when they got pregnant and needed ANOTHER LBL.  My PS even suggested that since I'm planning on getting pregnant soon I should wait so I'm NOT even considering getting the LBL but thought maybe I could do my thighs before hand... That is my question?
Most Active