Calling all breast implants...

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/09 1:02 am
I had a a tt, breast lift with implants 2 1/2 weeks ago.  My questions are:  When were you able to lay down without feeling your breast were going to smother you and how long before your breast drop and began looking like normal breast again?

I love my belly (even with the swelling), but my breasts looks like foreign objects and every time I lay down I feel them moving with me.

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Sherline
michelle1123
on 9/10/09 2:04 am - San Francisco, CA
Sherline,

Unfortunately, I don't have any great advice for you, but am in a similar boat.  Had my breast aug/lift two weeks ago and mine don't look normal yet either.  While they seem to be getting better every day (and I'm getting more used to them), they are still hard and swollen and haven't dropped.   I hear it takes about 3-4 weeks for them to drop and months for them to take thier permanent shape and look/feel normal. 

Michelle
Renee2007
on 9/10/09 2:54 am - Central, FL
It wasn't until about 6-7 weeks before mine started to feel like they were a natural part of me. I had the same sensation that they were foreign objects and they were sooo high. I am glad to report that they do indeed start to feel natural and they do fall into place. I had to wear the tight band across mine for about a week while I slept and that really helped them to drop. They no longer feel strange to me. I highly recommend massaging them and moving the implant side to side to help prevent capsular contracture.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/09 3:59 am

Thanks for letting me know this is a normal process of healing.  I promised myself not to get frustrated with the recovery process of this surgery.

Thanks again.

Sherline

MultiMom
on 9/10/09 5:04 am - NH
I am having breast augmentation next week and have found a great source of information at...... http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewforum.php?f=2. I hope this helps, and Happy Healing :)

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active