Wow what a difference a year makes

mamapeaches05
on 9/10/09 12:15 am - Hot Springs, AR
Good Morning to all of my wonderful and supportive friends,
One year ago today my daughter and I had a surgery that would change our lives forever.  One of my daughter's friends had WLS and showed off pictures of her new body. My daughter KT was impressed by the change and immediately began to research weight loss surgery. She told me about it and I really did not pay much attention, but her persistence paid off. We attended the seminar together and decided to take the plunge. Our insurance approve the surgery but we were not ready. At the time we had Tri-Care standard and that meant coming up with several thousand dollars for our co-pay.  I called Tri-Care trying to delay the approval date so I would have time to grow that co-pay amount on the money tree in my back yard. The attendant suggested we change to Tri-Care Prime and I our co-pay would only be $11.00 per day for the 3 day stay.  I could handle $66.00 without a problem. As it turns out we didn't even need to pay that.  You all know I am a minister and truly believe that my steps are ordered by God. He was ordering my steps to a healthy usable vessel for his service.
The morning of my surgery I did not know how I was going to give up the things I loved so much you know pound cake, not yo mama's banana pudding, hot wings from Dodge's,and Krispy Kreme just to name a few. To be honest I have not missed any of those things. Did I take a bite of pound cake yep, and some banana pudding too, but I have not craved those things.
I begin this journey at 280 lbs wearing a size 24-26, today I weigh 157 and wear size 8-10.  My goal is 150 but the Doctor said if I don't lose another pound I will be fine. I am no longer considered a diabetic, no insulin no oral medication at all. I have been approved for my tummy tuck and my PCP and physical therapist are recommending the arms and boobs be done to relieve the back pain. 
My daughter's journey has kept me on my knees a lot. She had several complications along the way, but none of them put the fire of desire out in her. In spite of all the illness and weaken body she is still making progress. She started at 312 lbs wearing 28-30 and some 32's. Today she weighs 220 lbs and wears 12-14.
I thank God for showing me a way to be healthy. I also thank God for a very supportive group of friends. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your journey.
All I can say is Wow, what a difference a year makes.
Mama Peaches Diva on a Journey
I am somebody, I have a purpose, and I'm going somewhere
Just prazin the Lord wit my feet!

Running Man

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/09 12:58 am
Congratulations on your weight loss success.  May God continue to guide and bless you and your daughter throughout your journey!

Sherline
mamapeaches05
on 9/10/09 3:41 am - Hot Springs, AR
Thank you.

Running Man

Cindy F.
on 9/10/09 1:36 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with

Isn't it amazing what these surgeries can do for a person to change their lives.  Congratulations on all your sucess.  You have done awesome.  You have both done great.  When will you have your plastic surgery?  Mine is Oct. 5 which is coming very fast.  So excited and scared at the same time.  I am having lbl, boob lift, lipo and fat transfer to butt. 

Hugs and kisses to you

Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
mamapeaches05
on 9/10/09 3:49 am - Hot Springs, AR
Yes it is truly amazing the changes in my life. I often pinch myself to see if I'm awake. I don't recognize myself when looking in the mirror or a picture.  I have not picked a date yet for plastic surgery. I have an 11 year old and 4 year old that I'm raising. I have to choose a date when I'm sure I will have help. Please keep me informed on your surgery. I really need a butt cause my tailbone hurts. My husband suggested I get one of those ring to sit on. LOL

Running Man

Susan Hegarty
on 9/10/09 2:37 am - Easton, PA
Peaches,
Congrats on your awesome journey!!  You look great and I bet you feel even better.  What an inspiration you are!!
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

mamapeaches05
on 9/10/09 3:51 am - Hot Springs, AR
Thank you! Yes, I feel so much better.

Running Man

dw45
on 9/10/09 3:38 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
What a wonderful story Mama Peaches!

Thanks for sharing!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

mamapeaches05
on 9/10/09 3:52 am - Hot Springs, AR
Thank you.

Running Man

debbiel
on 9/12/09 1:35 am - poughkeepsie, NY
  Firt of all Congrats to you Both.....  You made my day.... keep me posted on your jounery....And AMEN to THANKING GOD.... for HELPING US ALL with this new journey or our lives... You look WONDERFUL.... Have a great day... Debbie
Most Active