fluid retention

gcmars
on 9/6/09 6:35 am - corpus christi , TX
20 days post op from LBL. retaining so much fluid in my legs after last drain removed on wed. dr said on friday i was doing great, did not have much fluid storing up in tummy area. but i have no ankles today, and legs are really tight and full. should i take a water pill? dr closed tomorrow. no emergency here, just wanted outside opinion. thanks
candy
totalfreedom
on 9/6/09 7:23 am - Northern CA
I take waterpills still everyday and i am 9 months out.  But this is a condition I had before surgery as well. 

Other options:

1. elevate your legs
2.  Have someone massage your legs in an upward motion.  This gets the lymph moving.  It only takes 15 minutes or so and you will see great results.
3.  Use a brush to stimulate the lymph. (shower brush) Lightly brush your skin in an upward motion.  Will need someone else do this as you should be lying down.
4. Stay away from salt!
5.  Drink plenty of fluids, but don't over do it.

Good luck,

Kelli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

gcmars
on 9/6/09 9:37 am - corpus christi , TX
what do you mean by stimulate the lymph? i feel like a dummy, don't know what you mean.
totalfreedom
on 9/6/09 12:51 pm - Northern CA
Hi again,

no problem.  The lymph is fluid.   The lymph fluid needs to travel to nodes.  The nearest nodes to our feet are at the groin area. 

surgery can really mess the system up for awhile.  Especially a full LBL.  With a scar all the way around, the lymph can get trapped for awhile, plus with healing your fluids will naturally go to the effected sites.

Here is a link that decribes the lymphatic system:

http://www.lymphomation.org/lymphatic.htm#lymphatic-system

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Most Active