I'm home - it's 4th day post op Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 3:09 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi
I'm home, got here yesterday afternoon.
The surgeon and all the nurses at the aftercare facility say I'm doing fantastic and am ahead of schedule.

I have one drain which is pulling out a lot........Dr thinks it will be ready to be removed on Tuesday or Friday the very latest.  Not too bad!  I still have the onQ pump and I guess it is working because I feel nothing around the incisions.

I got to see my new tummy on Friday afternoon when they gave me a shower.  I was AMAZED!  I am totally flat.  "The Girls" are very high and I'm told look great......I see some swelling on the top of the left breast that I sure hope will level off, otherwise it will look really weird.   I really wish I had asked the nurse to take a picture for me but I was kind of groggy and nervous about the whole shower thing so I didn't.  Oh well I'll get one taken as soon as I can.  My problem is if I take the binder off to take a picture I know I'll have trouble getting it back on.  I'll share as soon as I can.  It helped me so much seeing others before and after pictures so I need to pay it forward.

Haven't been able to eat too much because everything is so tight...... I feel full really quickly.  I now have an idea of how it must feel after WLS.  I'm going to try to drink more protein today so at least I can get high protein in to help with recovery.  Side note; need to up the stool softener dosage.....still nothing happening!

I find as long as I take the pain meds every 3 -4 hours that the pain is manageable.  I stop taking 2 pills every 3 hours.........been doing 1 pill every 3, will try to stretch to 4 today.  The Xanax (spl?) really helps me sleep at night.  Slept in my bed last night (pretty much sitting up), may go back into the recliner chair today......not sure.

I'm so glad I've been regularly exercising all this time because having the strong stomach muscles and the very strong legs is really helping.  I have not trouble getting up and down using just my leg muscles.

I'm surprised that my legs are already swelling........I'm going to try elevating them a little higher, maybe that will help.

Anyhow, just wanted to share.......... 
I'm keeping track of my progress and will post when I can.
Hope you all have had a good few days and a great weekend.
Sign me
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!
dw45
on 9/6/09 4:06 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Good to hear that you are recovering so well already!

Would love to see your pics when you feel up to taking them and get them posted.

Wishing you a continued uneventful, speedy, recovery!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Kennedy12
on 9/6/09 5:46 am - Chicago, IL
So happy to hear you are doing so well! Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you are able to post some!

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

totalfreedom
on 9/6/09 7:25 am - Northern CA
Hi HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY (Ruth)

So glad to hear you are doing well.  Sorry, I haven't been on here in awhile so i couldn't wish you well before surgery!

Anyway, glad to hear you made it through and that you are in the recovery stage now.  Can't wait for pics!

Kelli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

DEBI R.
on 9/6/09 8:46 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Glad you're home Ruth!!  I'm so happy you're doing great and now have a flat tummy and perky boobs!!  Can't wait to see pics. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

FLGail
on 9/7/09 12:26 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Ruth, Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Glad to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                     Gail

WOW PERKY BOOBS AND A FLAT TUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cindy F.
on 9/8/09 6:44 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
So glad to hear your doing so good.  That is awesome.  Take it easy and I wish you a speedy recovery.  Can't wait to see your pictures. 

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Melissa M.
on 9/8/09 7:16 am - Seabrook, TX
Isn't that first peek at your flat belly just awesome??  I'll never forget that feeling!  Just get plenty of rest and post when you can.

Take care,
Melissa
Most Active