13 DAYS-POST OP

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/09 8:44 pm

I am one day shy of 2 weeks post-op from tt, breast lift with implants and inner thigh liposuction.  Thursday (10 days post-op) I ventured out to Walmart with the family for about an hour and swelled up.

Yesterday (12 days post-op) I walked my 5 year old son up the street to the park for about an hour and then we went to dinner with the family.  When I returned home I noticed I was oozing fluid from one of my drain sites.  Not a little oozing but enough to soak two pads in less than 30 minutes.

Is it possible I ventured outside too soon and that's why I am oozing like crazy? 

Thanks for any input or advice you may offer.

Sherline

cbr160
on 9/5/09 11:13 pm
This happened to me and it was just a clogged drain.  I called my surgeon, Joseph Capella, and he instructed me to milk it - basically you start at the spot where the drain comes out of your body and you pull along the tubing down to the drain until the fluid starts flowing into the drain again. 

I was outside less than 5 days after my surgery and I had inner thigh lift, lbl, brachioplasty, and  mastopexy

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 12:25 am
Thanks for replying.  My drains were removed 1 week after surgery (last Tuesday).  Have you had any complication after your procedures?

Sherline
cbr160
on 9/6/09 6:38 am
I am 11 days post op and have not had any complications.  I had 4 drains when I left the hospital and had 2 removed 6 days post-op but 2 remain.  I am walking quite a bit as instructed by my surgeon and the drains are still holding lots of fluid.  He said I shouldn't remove them until there is less than 30cc of fluid in a 24 hour period. 
Most Active