Pictures! One Week Post Op - LBL

Monica P.
on 9/4/09 12:00 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I updated the  photos in my album today. I went to my surgeon's office and they removed the steri-strips because my incision line has closed up completely for the excetion of the area just over my pubic area! They have been very impressed with how fast I am healing.  

He thinks the two remaining drains and the stitches in my belly button will be removed on Tuesday.

I changed my privacy settings, you have to be a friend to view the Plastics photo album, so request away.

Mimi N. Y.
on 9/4/09 12:37 pm - New York, NY

Wow, that is impressive!  Monica, was there something special you did or took that you feel might have helped your incision to close so nicely? - (like supplements or creams or something). I haven't had surgery, YET, but I know I'll prolly need an LBL or at the very least a TT after my weight loss. Good luck on everything.

Monica P.
on 9/4/09 1:09 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I didn't eat anything differently. I did try to boost up my protein intake to 100 grams a day in the weeks before surgery. 

The only thing I can think of is that I have been consistently working out for the past two years...building lots of muscle and running, running, running....it's made me strong from the inside out.
Cindy F.
on 9/4/09 2:54 pm - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Wow Monica you look great.  And just only a week.  Your healing amazing.  I hope I am just like you. 

And let me tell you you look awesome.  How cool is it have a flat tummy?  Can't wait. 
Are you feeling pretty good? 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Monica P.
on 9/4/09 3:45 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Its very weird to have a flat tummy, I look in the mirror and I look so narrow.

I have been in mu-mus and pjs with no make-up and no showers for a week. So now I'm beginning to wonder how I will look in a dress, with heels, with make-up....I want to shop.

So I guess I feel pretty good, I'm getting around ok but I don't want to take advantage of it and do too much. So I'm trying to keep myself in check and make myself rest.

You can do this & you're going to look fabulous!!!

Cindy F.
on 9/4/09 4:36 pm - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Well your amazing.  And thanks for the encouragement.  You have truly given me hope that I will be able to do this.  Took some of my fear away.  Guess i just have to deal with the rest of it.  LOL

Yes rest even though hard to slow down it will be so worth it.

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
oh2bthinagain
on 9/5/09 2:50 pm - Canada
I would love to see your pics - can we be friends?
Highest/Surgery/Current: 276/268/146 - CENTURY CLUB MEMBER 02/18/10!!

PamT
on 9/4/09 4:37 pm - Downey, CA
Wowweeee Monica!! Looka dat FLAT belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're lookin' good and I'm glad to hear your feeling so much better.

PamT
DEBI R.
on 9/4/09 8:05 pm - CORSICANA, TX

Please add me so I can view your updated pics. I'm glad you're healing so well, you'll be so happy to get the last 2 drains out.
Thanks, Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

chickster522
on 9/4/09 11:04 pm
Would you please add me as a friend I would love to see your pics.

Debbie
Most Active