highly disappointed today...

gcmars
on 9/5/09 5:15 am - corpus christi , TX
was totally thrilled when i came home 19 days ago after LBL. man was my tummy gone. now, i feel 6 months pregnant. i know everyone says it is swelling, but i fear having another tummy roll after the swelling goes down. it feels stretched to the limit. i will be disappointed beyond words if i have gone to the pain and financial cost for this, to still have fat hanging. if it is swelling, how long before it goes down? had 15.3 lbs removed, but only down 6 lbs from pre-surgery date. am i worrying for nothing? have been totally released from dr until 6 weeks from now. he says everything looks great, but i would not expect him to say anything else.
candy
JazzysGirl
on 9/5/09 7:02 am - North, GA
I am sorry you are having this issue today.  Do you still have drains in?  Have you called your Dr?  It sounds like you have fluid built up that should be removed.

Wishing you a speedy recovery without a tummy roll. 

iconsicons icons icons 

Redhaired
on 9/5/09 8:27 am - Mouseville, FL

If the swelling has changed significantly since the last time you saw your surgeon then I would suggest you give him a call.  But some swelling is normal.  You may also be going through a little emotional upheaval from the anesthesia.  Sometimes it takes a little while for that to work itself out of your system.

gcmars
on 9/5/09 12:30 pm - corpus christi , TX
all drains gone. right now at the end of the day, my legs, ankles, feet, thighs,,,,,all swollen terribly. saw dr yesterday, he said it did not look like i was having any fluid build up. but that was at noon, and my swelling is at its highest at the end of the day.
Melissa M.
on 9/6/09 12:20 am - Seabrook, TX
I am almost 3 months out and almost 2 weeks ago I swear I looked 5 months pregnant for a couple of days with no signs of decrease.  Out of the blue one morning I woke up and it was like magic, all gone!  I was the flattest I have ever been.... for that day anyway.  I still have some level of swelling every day and yes it is at its worst and the end of the day.  I have been doing lymphatic massages and it has helped with swelling but it is no cure.  I had the LBL with the anchor cut and those types of incisions keep the swelling trapped moreso than a regular TT and a LBL w/out the anchorcut.  That's why it's important to massage the areas around your midsection to help the lymphatic system move it out of the trapped areas more easily.  Really helps!

Hang in there!
Melissa
Most Active