tt, hernia and hematoma

vickie O.
on 9/5/09 2:14 am - amarillo, TX
well had surgery 8/26 and now developed hematoma.  i was allowed to leave town, we live 230 miles away, so we got home yesterday afternoon. sure feels good to be at home. sometimes my left side hurts like crazy.  i think my hematoma might be on my right side because my drain that is showing all the dark, excessive blood is on my right side.  do the tubes attached to the bulbs more or less drain the side that they are placed on?  he took out on drain and it didn't hurt as much as i thought it would. one down, three to go.  the one with the dark blood is draining about 50-60 ccs every 24 hours. the other two are going about 18-30 cc's per 24 hours.  i have to take two showers a day and have since day one.  my scars are healing up nicely though.  anybody else have trouble with a hematoma like this?  plz advise if there is something i can do to hurry along the process. he said he might have to drain in the office. i am supposed to call him this tuesday with the amt of drainage i have.  good luck to all of you. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

M B.
on 9/5/09 3:30 am - Warrensburg, MO
Vickie - I  have not had surgery yet - so no advice - just encouragement to keep doing what you have to do to heal!  Get lots of rest and don't over do it! 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Most Active