TT and Hernia Repair #2 on Tuesday 9/15/09....freakin the ef out....

adam_
on 9/4/09 12:40 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
T minus 10 days and counting....

Wish me luck or better yet say a prayer....please!!

Hoping for an uneventful surgery (surgery #4 in 18 mos)!  My track record hasn't been very good....so anything you guys can contribute to calm my nerves would be great...haha.

I'm having a basic tummy tuck (front only) but he said hes going to have to do alotta muscle work to close the hernia before putting in another mesh....so I gotta feeling that is going to = PAIN.

Seriously, how bad is it? I know everyone's different....I tend to think I've got a pretty high pain tolerance since I've been through hell and back... a couple times... so I'm hoping it's not TOO bad in comparison....

Good news is I'm confident in my doc!  Joe Capella....hes got a great reputation and Hackensack Hospital is one of the best around....oh any I can't complain about the price....only $2120 out of pocket!

Here's a quick before pic (well, "before" PS, but "after" losing 235 lbs)....can't wait to get this grapefruit sized hernia closed....again.

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Monica P.
on 9/4/09 1:36 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Hi Adam, good luck!

One week ago I had a lower body lift with muscle tightening....the abs hurt, I ain't gonna lie. The first nights home I needed help getting in and out of bed and flipping over in bed because I couldn't figure out a way to lay on my back.  A few times my friend's boyfriend had to help me and any sudden moving or stretching out made me squeal and scream in ways I didn't know I could.

My advice, TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS. Don't try to be a hero and skip a dose because you think you can handle it.

The good news is that it gets better. I can move around much better now but I still can't stand upright. It feels like I did 1,000,000 crunches.

M B.
on 9/5/09 3:33 am - Warrensburg, MO
Prayers and well wishes coming your way!  Congratulations on getting a date and all the success you have had so far!

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

speicallady
on 9/6/09 1:49 am - bronx, NY
hello
I had a tt and hernia repair on Aug 7,09 
like you this is my second hernia. 
how are they repairing it, mine was done as an separation comment technique operation
I can feel the mesh.  I feel better now, one thing about have an hernia repaired more
than once, the tt did not hurt, just was uncomfortable,  you are pretty small, not much to take
off.  someone posted last week about those who have less weight to take of heal better.

wishing you the best

Debra
Most Active