TT vs. Panni Removal

computer_nerd
on 9/4/09 4:34 am
I am going to my PS at the end of this month for a consult about panni removal. I am curious as to your thoughts about having a panni removal rather than a tummy tuck. I would like for my insurance to pay so I have been leaning toward the panni removal. Will I get better results with a tummy tuck and lipo? I want my stomach to look good after surgery. If you chose a TT over a panni I would love to hear your thoughts. Are the results from a TT worth paying for? I've lost so much weight but I still feel fat and self-conscious because of the skin on my stomach. I don't want to go through the panni removal and still feel that way.

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
sonnieN
on 9/4/09 4:58 am - grand rapids, MI
I opted to pay for a LBL after discussing it w/ my surgeon and I feel it is definately worth it. He explained that the panni removal is just removing the skin below the belly button. The tummy tuck does that but also loosens up the skin above the belly button which will allow it to be pulled down like a shade and tightens above the belly button as well. It also allows them to go in and tighten up the muscles in your stomach which help give you a more defined waist.

Most surgeons will still submit to insurance for the panni removal and then you pay the difference in price for the tummy tuck.

Sonya
Wendy_Canada
on 9/4/09 8:39 am - Canada
BE SPECIFIC with your surgeon what you want.  Don't assume with tummy tuck that the part above the belly button is included.  I have seen postings from women that wake up from their tummy tuck very disappointed because it was only the area below the belly button and they were left with the hanging skin above. They  have a nice flat tummy and a muffin top rolling over.  The first doctor i went to did not tell me the difference.  The second doctor gave me a quote of $5,000 and an additional $3,000 for above the belly button which was then an anchor cut. 

I am very happy with my tummy tuck.  Our insurance only paid $500.00 towards removal of the panni and i paid the difference to get the full tummy tuck plus i did breast lift at the same time.

Don't assume...........go loaded with questions on a paper.  Have a friend go with you because you get so much information you get brain overload.  The friend hears things you don't or you forget.

Best Wishes with your new and exciting journey

Wendy

MSHAMO
on 9/4/09 8:45 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Your profile doesn't say where you are from, I'm guessing that prices are different depending on where you are. My insurance paid for everything; hospital, anesthetic & Dr., but I paid my PS an extra $3,000 for the extended TT, lipo & muscle tightening. When he got in there, he found a baseball size umbilical hernia that was fixed for no extra to me. With my copay and deductible, it cost me an extra $4,500 total. I wouldn't have done anything differently. I suppose that I could have used a LBL, but at 59 years old, I'm more than happy with what I got. Whatever you do, you will love!!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
KathigME
on 9/5/09 11:12 am - Gorham, ME
Although, I had both.  I would definitely go for the Panni first if I had a choice.  I paid out of pocket for my Tummy Tuck and it was worth having them both done at the same time. My insurance paid for the Panni, due to skin/boil issues/scars. And I paid out of pocket $3500 for the TT, which is normally $6500 if done alone.  Although I like my results of the TT, I really like the panni better. It is so nice to be able to see things down there!! LOL  Unfortunately, I did get a massive infection 3 weeks post op and landed in the hospital for 4 days. I would still do it again!! 
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
Most Active