tt and boobs

JSIL
on 9/3/09 2:39 pm
Hello! Any ideas how long I can go back to work after a tt and bl?? I am a waitress, no heavy lifting, but we do get busy sometimes. How long do the drains tend to stay in?? Thanks! 

Wendy_Canada
on 9/3/09 7:50 pm - Canada
i was back at work two weeks after my surgery but i have a desk job,  Even that was to early because you get very tired and need naps during the day.  I would think with your job you would be looking at 4-6 weeks.  Especially if you have to carry the meals to the tables.  You would be surprised how much you use those stomach muscles in every day things in life. 

My doctor doesn't do drains so i didn't have to fight with those .  Have you gone to a consult yet? You can get so many different answers and it all depends on what YOUR doctor wants you to do.

Good Luck with your decission.

Wendy

tuty
on 9/3/09 10:48 pm - APO, (Bitburg), Germany

I had those 2 surgeries together too. The drainage came out a week after the surgery. 2 small bags, not too bad. I would wait soem 4 weeks before returning to work. I am a teacher, so it was easier to sit down when I needed ...but in your job, take at least 4. I was also walking very bended over for at least 3 or so weeks. .

blueigrl
on 9/4/09 1:20 am - port st lucie, FL
i have a desk job and i took 4 weeks
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/09 1:49 am
I had surgery 11 days ago, tt , lipo of inner thigh, breast lift with implants.  I would really advise you to take off at least 4 to six weeks.  My doctor actually have me out of work 8 weeks because I had so much done at once.   Your body will thank you for not pushing it by going back to work too soon. 

Good luck with your decision.

Sherline
Hi! Personally I think if you are going to make the investment you should make sure you put the proper time aside to heal correctly. As a waitress you are always on your feet, and an average person can get exhausted after standing up for several hours, let alone a patient recovering from surgery. Will your job allow you enought time off?
Most Active