Early research on PS after WLS

Gylphling
on 9/4/09 7:18 am - TX
Hi all,
Just stopping by the forum to start looking into my future options. I'm still pre-op for DS surgery (hopefully in the next few months), but I know I'm going to need PS eventually since I need to lose over 200 lbs. I've checked out the websites of a few of the doctors that advertise here and I really liked the work of Dr. Agha. I downloaded their online booklet and filled out the contact info request. A girl from the office called me that day and was super nice and answered all my questions.

I was really relieved/ happy with what I found out. I had always thought that I should try to lose down to the lowest body fat possible (without endangering my health) and try to keep it there for a while to try to retract the excess skin as much as possible before looking into PS. I figured that the less cutting that needed to be done the better the outcome. Then a few years out from WLS if I had the 20-25 lb. regain, which is common, I would end up at a nice size.

The girl from Dr. Agha's office said that he prefers that the patients do the surgery when they are still a little above goal and that his procedures come out better that way. She said his body sculpting comes out better when he has some of the residual body fat to work with and re-locate. She also told me about the great breast reconstruction he can do using the side/back fat. She said he had just done one that turned out extremely well and looked like the patient had gotten implants (but this is much safer of course since it is the body's natural tissue).

I was also really impressed with the doctor's focus on ensuring that his patients have good labs and the importance of nutrition for the best outcome.

Well, I guess I'll just visit some threads and profiles here and learn all I can. I've got the next few years to get this all figured out.

Take care, Renee

MSHAMO
on 9/4/09 9:03 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Congrats on your decision to have WLS. It is the best thing that I have EVER done for myself. The second best thing is having plastics. I, also, knew before I had my WLS that I would need plastics. Because my insurance co. needed me to lose 100 lbs., that was a huge incentive for me to get it off. I have seen a lot of good things said about Dr. Agha on this board. Good luck with your whole journey, you will look fabulous before you know it!!!!!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Gylphling
on 9/6/09 5:46 am - TX
Thanks for the reply! I look forward to hearing about and seeing everyone's journeys here. I know I have lots to learn.
Take care!
Most Active