I survived and have no more hanging skin on my belly!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 9:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Well I survived the surgery and am feeling pretty good. Was rough yesterday afternoon and last night but today was a lot better.  Only problem I had was when the nurse missed giving me my pain meds on time and I called for them but about an hour later they came so I was pretty uncomfortable until it kicked in.
The Dr stopped by tonight and said he feels I should go home tomorrow.  According to him I'm doing fantastic.  Matthew jumped at the idea of leaving early. 

I have not looked at anything yet but I can tell there is no belly left.....very flat.  And "the girls" are up high.

Of course I can't stand up straight and already know I won't be able to for at least 2 weeks.
I think if I stay on top of the meds it will be tolerable.
Funny thing is because everything is so tight and the binder is tight too I can't eat much.  I didn't even want to eat anything until late today but I can't eat much.

OH...Dr said he took 7 lbs off.   Wow, I was thinking it might be 5.... Can't wait to get on the scale ....but then from what I've read from others who already this done I will probably weigh more than when I went in.  It will equal out in a few weeks or months I guess.  I have not seen the pictures yet but the Dr showed Matthew and he said it looked like a lot.

Thanks for all the good vibes you guys sent....they helped!
TTFN
Ruth

Monica P.
on 9/3/09 10:02 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

HOORAY!! You made it! COngrats!!

Yes, I noticed that I can't eat much either. I finish a single Lean Cuisine at 3 sittings.

It was only this morning that I noticed a drop in weight that matched the number of pounds removed. I'm post-op 6 days now.

Yes, stay on top of the pain meds or suffer the wrath! 

Once again, congrats!!

FLGail
on 9/3/09 10:05 am - Sun City, AZ
You will love looking at that flat belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Glad to hear you are doing well and will get to come home earlier. Take it easy once you get home.  Gail
mamapeaches05
on 9/3/09 10:19 am - Hot Springs, AR
Congrats on the new you! Thanks for posting this is making me feel better already. The PS is waiting on me to set the date. I will keep you in prayer for a speedy recovery.
Mama Peaches Diva on a Journey
I am somebody, I have a purpose, and I'm going somewhere
Just prazin the Lord wit my feet!

Running Man

MollyMH
on 9/3/09 10:30 am - Sacramento, CA
Congrats....So glad you are doing well. Will keep you in good thoughts.
Molly
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 10:58 am - Haleiwa, HI
Congratulations Ruth!  I cannot wait to be in your shoes!  I hope you pain fades quickly, and you are feeling back to normal soon!

Jessica
DS Facts
on 9/3/09 11:06 am
Congrats Ruth! Great to hear all went well.
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 11:09 am
 Yay, RUTH!!!!

One piece of advice though -- avoid the scale.  You really need to eat well, in order to heal well.

Trust me!

workingmommy
on 9/3/09 11:29 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Yay!  I'm glad you are doing so well.  I know you will love your results.  I agree with the others...DO NOT get on the scale...for a long time...I didn't get on it for about a month.  Also, even if you don't have an appetite, get your protein first.  Protein helps your body heal.  Even if you have to nurse a shake!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 12:04 pm
Ruth I am glad to hear you are doing well.  Please take it easy and get as much protein as possible into your body, you're going to need it!

Congrats on a successful surgery.

Sherline
Most Active