Two drains out! Two to go!!!

Monica P.
on 9/2/09 10:38 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I feel so much better today. I got two of my drains removed. Since coming back from the doctor's office at 3pm I noticed the two remaining drains are filling up again, which is to be expected.

I was given a new compression binder to wear that's less cumbersome and less itchy. It feels so much better.

Even though I still can't shower, I shaved my legs today and it feels a lot better.

Thanks to everyone for all your support!!

God's Special
Creation

on 9/2/09 4:07 pm - CA
Hey Monica,

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Hope to see that new body of your soon. Take care.
Smooches

Angie

Highest weight: 291 lbs, At Surgery: 268, Current: 198 lbs, Goal: 160-150 lbs

"Happiness is like perfume; you can't pour it on somebody else without gettting a few drops on yourself."-James Van Der Zee
gcmars
on 9/2/09 11:47 pm - corpus christi , TX
way to go!!! i also came home with 4 drains. after getting 2 out i was thrilled as well. then, 5 days later another came out. just yesterday (day 16) i had the last removed. what a feeling. you will start to feel normal then. so much easier just to go to the bathroom. sounds silly, but i am serious. good luck to you on your recovery, life is good!!!
candy
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 5:45 am
Hi Monica.  I am glad you're feeling better, believe me I  know how you feel.  I had my drains removed Tues., and I was able to take a bath for the first time in 8 days. 

If you don't mind me asking; what is the name of the compression binder you're wearing?  My Dr gave me girdle like binder for my thighs and stomach combined and it's very tight and uncomfortable.

Keep up the good work.

Sherline
Cindy F.
on 9/3/09 7:22 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
I am so glad your feeling better.  Just think each day will get better and better and soon all those drains will be out.  Won't that be a relief.

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active