compression panty

gcmars
on 9/2/09 9:36 am - corpus christi , TX
got the last of 4 drains removed today, 16 day out from LBL. they tell me to wear my compression panty faithfully, to get a smaller one than the one i had on when i went in. can a compression panty be too tight? i am 180 lbs and got a size xl panty from dr reys line at sears. i feel like a stuffed sausage. is it supposed to be this tight, and what exactly does it accomplish? just doing it cause i was told to, i don't ask many questions. and how long will i have to wear it? i thought after last drain removed i was going to get to wear regular panties. little did i know....lol.
candy
Terry P.
on 9/2/09 9:44 am - Wappingers Falls, NY
Not sure about others, but I had a tummy tuck with muscle tightening. The compression garment they had me buy was really, really tight above my waist and loose below.. I ended up wearing tight shapewear panties and thought all was well. Boy oh boy, did I get in trouble when I went in for my checkup. I had a lot of swelling and the doctor said it was because I was supposed to be wearing a TIGHT compression garment, 24x7 for about a month..   I finally found a thingy that completely wraps around me and is held with velcro. That worked well and after a total of about 5 weeks, my swelling all went away..  Terry

LAP RNY 06/05/08
Day of surgery 197
Lowest weight 127
Current weight 165
Goal 135

inkerdoodles
on 9/2/09 10:24 am - Schenectady, NY
The tighter the better... Just not so tight that it constricts the blood flow... It's my understanding we wear them so that when we swell, we don't swell where we had the surgery so it doesn't mess up their work. I may be wrong, but it seems logical.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Monica P.
on 9/2/09 10:30 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
My surgeon told me the similar instructions today...to wear a tight shaping garment like spanx or the discount version sold at Target...as long as it went up to below my breast and covers my thigh. (I also had a lower-body lift)
gcmars
on 9/2/09 11:51 am - corpus christi , TX
had LBL as well. was only told to wear a panty. hope i did not misunderstand.
candy
Monica P.
on 9/2/09 11:54 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
If you're in doubt, call the office and ask again. It couldn't hurt.
Most Active