Pictures of Dr Sauceda's work

Lori V.
on 9/2/09 10:04 am - Fort Belvoir, VA
I hope everything goes well with your surgeries. Wish I was there to help. Keep me posted on your progress.

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/09 10:10 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi Lori!  You are doing so fantastic!  I wish you were going with me!  I will definitely keep you posted!

Jess
Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/3/09 2:10 pm
Jessica, Thanks for the pictures!  I am so impressed by your own pictures.  You're going to be so hot when you're done with your PS.  You look great now!  Like a totally different person!  I have 90 days til I leave for Mexico for my surgery!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 3:38 pm - Haleiwa, HI
Thank you!  I hope to be hot when I am done! ;) It is hard to remember being that big some days, but then I will have a day when I feel huge too.  I still have my fat days, but it is nice to have skinny days now!  I actually bought a pair of pants in Ann Taylor in a size 6!!!! I litterally teared up when I walked out to show my  husband. I have to wear high waist panties to hold in my muffin top, but hopefully I won't have to after surgery!!   I am exactly 5 weeks from surgery day!  I cannot wait!

Start making your list of things to take because 90 days will go fast!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/3/09 4:55 pm
I started my list from Misty's post and several others who have gone to Dr. S.  I know the time will fly.  I started counting down at 120 days.  30 have already passed and that is remarkable to me!
5 weeks!  Wow!  Are you organizing your stuff already?  Is your hubby going to go with you?

I have those "fat" days too.  I still feel like I'm bigger than anyone else!  I get surprised when I find out that I am not.  Our minds have a hard time sometimes catching up with our bodies.  But I am really enjoying the body part!!!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 5:03 pm - Haleiwa, HI
That is how I started my list, and then I have been chatting with Tony alot as well.  I have a box that I have been putting things in to take with me.  I bought a few bikinis to take with me, and Dr S said it was a good idea so he can mark me in it.  I am actually going alone.  It was a hard decision, but we have a 5 year old and a 3 year old.  He is going to take 2 weeks leave when I get back from Mexico, so that will help me out more. 

I do find my mind floating back to the old days, and I have to remind myself that I am not that person anymore. 
Jane E.
on 9/4/09 10:08 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
I went to Dr. Sauceda in April.   My suggestions of what you will need:   You will need very few clothes.  I took way too many things.  You'll wear a gown most of the time in the hospital.  Take something easy to get on and off in the room, but you still won't need much regular clothing.  You will feel better with the least amount of clothes on while in the hotel room.  I found some wraps at Walmart.  They are like a towel that velcros above the breasts.  They were wonderful.  Could get on and off without raising my arms.

Take food for the hospital (protein drinks, bars, other snacks even if not your normal stuff.)  The food is horrible in the hospital and they don't feed you on any schedule.   Dr. S even told my husband to get me some chocolate to get my calorie intake up.   Anyway, take food.....

The pads work for drains better than gauze.  They absorb much more.  Take tape for bandaging.  They seem to have a shortage on supply.  

Take Spanish dictionary.  

Dr. Sauceda is very nice and you won't have any problem conversing, but the nurses don't understand much.  Although they try, the dictionary helps, even if you don't say but one word in Spani**** helps to get what you need across. 

I would not worry about being alone.   I had my husband with me but would not hesitate to go back by myself.   It is a safe area with grocery store and restaurant right outside the hotel.

Good luck to you.

Jane

LynnL
on 9/6/09 6:54 am
Thanks for the pictures. I might have to look into this. His work is beautiful. I am just starting my search and a surgeon.
Most Active