Thighs

Roz !!!!
on 9/2/09 1:46 pm - Butler, PA
I am considering getting my thighs done.  The PS said I have about 2 pounds of loose skin on each leg.  It is starting to hang down over my knees.  I really need advice and more information.  Before and After Pictures would help too.

He told me he would do lyposuction (sp) under my butt cheeks and then I would have an incision high across the top of each thigh and then down the inner thigh.  Other than that I don't know anything about it.  Will it pull up enough to make my knees look good?  How bad is the pain and recovery time.  Any info would be appreciated!!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Susan S.
on 9/3/09 5:38 am - Roselle, NJ
I had a medial thigh lift - six months after a lower body lift - and while my incisions were different than yours would be and I didn't have lipo (I didn't have any body fat left)......there are pictures of my preop status and postop outcomes on my profile.   Of all the procedures thigh work tends to be the most challenging because incision sites are difficult to keep clean and wound breakdown is common.  According to my surgeon I'm the only thigh lift he's ever done with no complications (I didn't require the hockey stick extenion - which is the horizontal cut you referred to).   Be in the best shape you can be - really work on lunges, squats etc. to develop your musculature......it will help with the outcome in terms of asthetics and there is no doubt that having rich blood supply (which you improve if you develop those muscles) helps with healing.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

tuty
on 9/3/09 10:39 pm - APO, (Bitburg), Germany
I went  this summer for my thighs, and my PS, very wisely, recommended to do it in 2 different stages: first liposuction and then a year later take care of the skin.  Yes, the incision of the second surgery is from the groin to the knees, in each leg.

I had the liposuction surgery on July 29th and it was a 2 hours event, totally under anesthesia.He removed 5 liters of fat!!!   I went home that day. I had a pleasant night and a little drainage came out. I saw the doctor the next day. He cleaned the 3 tiny incisions with one stitch in each leg and I return home for a week. before my first visit to him.  the recovery time was supposed to be 2 weeks.

During that first week, my thighs kept growing and growing as I was swelling like a balloon! I gained twenty some pounds in a week of water weight. I felt my thighs were going to explode!! The black and blue thighs also became my black and blue legs...the swelling and the black and blue kept spreading down to my feet!! 

When I return to my PS in a week, he was very surprised to see so much swelling, so I was given a diuretic to help eliminate some of the swelling. At that time I was soooooo happy that I had this done in 2 different procedure, since swelling with 3 tiny stitches has to be so much easier than swelling with a thigh sewn from groin to knee!!!

Today, 5 weeks later, I am still carrying some 8 extra pounds of weight on my legs and with lots of pain. I am now going to Lymphatic drainage massages, ultrasound , and heat treatments. It has been 5 weeks of  laying down with legs up hoping to resolve this swelling issue.  4 weeks of diuretics. Today is the first day that I am finally feeling better and looking forward to my massage this afternoon.

Is this the norm?  I don't think so, but it happens!! I had no complications what-so-ever with my Gastric bypass, or TT, or breast lift... but the thighs have cause me to really re-think of having the excess skin remove next summer.  Perhaps when all of this is resolved some of the excess skin may improved...or perhaps I'll remember all these weeks of pain, and realize that I should count all my blessings, so far and stop these elective surgeries.....

My sister asked me: "Was it worth it?" Today I will say NO, but when I finally see my thighs looking smaller, perhaps I'll forget all this and I'll be very happy. The doctor also warned me that it will look worst before it can look better. That this year as the fat was removed, that there will be more skin hanging...... As long as I look OK in clothes, perhaps I'll stop here....We'll see,,,,

Good luck with what-ever decision you make. 

cleos_mom
on 9/3/09 10:55 pm - phila., PA
Hi
 I had my inner thighs done in march 09, and had no problems. before surgery I doubled up on protein and after, protein promotes healing, check out my pix
good luck
Susan
Mendee M.
on 9/4/09 9:23 am - Mulvane, KS
Hey Roz! Welcome to the PS board!!
I have been thinking about my thighs too, but am wondering if I can get away with just the incision in the groin. Mine aren't terrible, but I am really wrinkly in my knees!! I would say they will probably be the last procedure I have done. I have other places that are far worse!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
katiekat412
on 9/4/09 9:31 am
Whoa! You found my second home on the PS board!! lol! You should totally come to Mexico in December to get your work done!

Computer still down :( I try to stop by when I can though. See you around!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Most Active