I stink.

Monica P.
on 9/2/09 2:15 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I have not had a shower since last Thursday night. My legs feel like cactus plants because they have not been shaved.

My hoochie hurts where the drains are coming out of me.  The good thing is that the drains are producing hardly any fluid and the liquid is getting clearer at every emptying.

But still, I'm tired of being stinky. I've already gone through a whole box of baby wipes.

I just needed a place to vent. Thanks. :(

Renee2007
on 9/2/09 2:49 am - Central, FL
I wonder why it varies so much from surgeon to surgeon about showering right after surgery. I only had one drain but I was allowed to shower the day after my surgery. It makes you feel human again. Sorry you're having to wait. I feel for you.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Rachelynka
on 9/2/09 3:30 am - Pinole, CA
Ive been following your posts... you are amazing!  Hang in there!!!  The best part is still to come!!!

Love & Gentle Hugs!
~Rachelynka               
dw45
on 9/2/09 3:54 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Hang in there!  It's going to ALL be worth it with that new, great body of yours!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Cindy F.
on 9/2/09 3:59 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Monica

You doing amazing for not even a week out of surgery.  Yeah no shower is tough.  But hang in there soon you will be enjoying that beautiful new body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When do you see dr again?  Hopefully drains will come out soon.  Then shower here you come. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Monica P.
on 9/2/09 4:11 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Luckily, I get to see the surgeon today and I think he's going to remove two drains. I managed to shave my legs this morning and it made a big difference. At least I got to get my feet wet! :D
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/09 6:20 am
Monica, I am so sorry you're in a rough spot!

I didn't shower for three weeks! 

"Sponge bathing" is an excellent solution when you feel you can't take it any more.  It isn't quite the same as an actual shower, but it gets you about 50% of the way there!  Is there someone who can help you with this?

As for the *****ly parts -- LEGGINGS.  This worked for me.  Well, it worked for me, but I also had everything waxed, so the *****liness wasn't the problem.  I just don't like having breezy legs.  (This will only work in LA right now if you happen to have good A/C)

And as for the drains -- I am so sorry!  I had those for two weeks, and they bothered me a lot, too.

Wishing you well, and I'm so glad that this first part of your PS journey is over.  Kee in mind -- it can only get better from here!

debbiel
on 9/2/09 6:23 am - poughkeepsie, NY
HANG IN THERE.... IT WILL BE BETTER SOON. ONCE THOSE DARN DRAINS ARE OUT... YOU WILL FEEL LIKE A NEW WOMAN. YOU LOOK GREAT... HOPE BY THE TIME YOU GET THIS THE DRAINS WILL BE OUT..... TAKE IT EASY... ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY WEEKEND...DEBBIE.
sonnieN
on 9/2/09 6:42 am - grand rapids, MI
Thank God my Dr. didn't have that rule about showering w/ th drains. I wouldn't have been able to be in the same room with myself since I had one in for 6 weeks.

Hopefully you get your drains out soon and can shower.
inkerdoodles
on 9/2/09 10:20 am - Schenectady, NY
I didn't use the baby wipes... I gave my self a good ole sponge bath right in the sink with nice ho****er and great smelling shower gel from B&BW.... Then I washed my hair in the kitchen sink. I felt like a whole new person.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active