First Consult

Clirishu
on 9/1/09 10:43 am - LA
Today was my first plastic surgery consult appointment.  I am shopping surgeon's and hoping to have surgery in November of this year.  I really liked the doctor so it is going to be hard to go looking for another.  Anyway - on to what he said.  He believes I have about 35 lbs of abdomen flesh that he is going to remove.  35lbs!!!  It is hard to believe I am going to wake up with a flat belly that doesn't hang halfway down the front of my legs and 35 lbs less than I weigh right now.  The last time I weighed 35 lbs less than I weigh right now is 2nd grade!!!!!  

Anyone have this large amount of skin removed in one surgery?  If so, are you happy with the results?
Wendy_Canada
on 9/1/09 11:12 am - Canada
Hi congrats on your new journey.  \\

May i ask if you are to your goal weight?  35 pounds of just skin seems harsh.  I went from 327 pounds down to 140 before i had my tummy tuck.  The skin he took off was from hip to hip 17 inches by 4 inches.  Plus i had an anchor cut so there was some skin from my pubic area up to just under my breasts.  He told me the total amount of weight for skin was 5 pounds.  They told me skin does not weigh much.  ( I also had a breast lift at the same time)  I asked him if i would need lipo and he said no  there was no fat to remove ,just skin . 

The first doctor i went to see for consult told me to be at my goal weight before i had the surgery which i did .the doctor i went with is saying he would like to see a little bit back on me.  I told him i guarantee if i put 5-10 pounds on it will NOT go to my face.  I am following up with doing my arms in 4 weeks. 

In my opinion that seems like a high number but i am just speaking from my experience and what i was told.

Again good luck and best wishes

Wendy

Clirishu
on 9/1/09 11:20 am - LA
I have lots more than my surgeon anticipated me losing - 235 lbs total lost.  I never had a goal weight so to say I am at goal is never going to be a true statement.  I just wanted to be active and healthy and feel attractive.  However, with this massive panni hanging, I will never feel attractive. So, this surgery is a requirement to get to my goal.  I do have lots of belly left and did feel like it was at least 15 to 20 lbs of flesh but not 35 lbs.  As I said before, the weight losing 35 more lbs would be at - I haven't weighed since 2nd grade.  
Wendy_Canada
on 9/1/09 11:32 am - Canada
Wow what an amazing accomplishment you have made.  I have lost 192 pounds and i do have an idea of what your talking about with wanting to feel healthy and attractive.

You will love your decission to have this done and it validates all the hard work you have done for yourself.  I have been obese since i was 16 and now am 56.  Some people ask me if i'm crazy cause i have been big all this time why am i doing it at 56.  I say because i'm doing this for ME.  I raised my kids put them through school and one with masters. Paid for their housing and a wedding and now its time for mom. 

I don't have the body of a 20 year old but since my tt and breast lift i am liking myself more.  I actually disliked my body more after i lost weight than when i was fat.  Everyone saw the thin me accept me.  Now i see it to. 

Your surgery will put a spring back in your step and your worth every bit of it.

wendy

MollyMH
on 9/1/09 11:34 am - Sacramento, CA
Love all your comments and your post!

Good luck and go for it! 
Molly
montanadi
on 9/1/09 11:43 am - Sheridan, MT

Clinell,

Wow!  35 pounds!  That does sound like a lot!  But I gotta say double WoW, 235 pounds! You're really working that tool!

I'm so glad you're pursuing your goals!  I can't imagine waking up with a flat belly! I'm so happy for you!

Keep us posted!

Diane

DEBI R.
on 9/1/09 4:12 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had a really large pannus that hung to my knees so I know what you're talking about. I had a circumferential TT with anchor cut and brachioplasty done on April 8th and the surgeon removed 15 lbs of skin if I remember right. He didn't take enough skin so I need revisions on my stomach and arms both but I want to get my breasts done next. I will not be using the same plastic surgeon because I don't trust him to do it right again. Good luck with your surgery you will be so happy you had it done. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Jupiter6
on 9/2/09 12:59 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I have to agree with Wendy-- I had a LOT of skin, went from 368 to 150...and it was just under 10 pounds.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Clirishu
on 9/2/09 1:05 pm - LA
 I guess it just depends on where you carry your weight.  Mine is definately in my belly.  Just chatted with a woman who started out over 400 lbs like me and her's was 30 lbs removed and more to remove in the future if she desires sculpting.
Most Active