Kind of stupid question?

Lori S.
on 9/1/09 3:47 am - MI
I had my tummy tuck on Friday August 28th and am feeling really good.  My stupid question is I think I have my compression garment on backwards!  After taking my first shower post surgery on Monday my hubby help me put the garment back on.  I had him put it on me with the tag in the back.  After getting it on I decided that it must be on backward because the opening at the  crotch wasn't open enough to be able to go to the bath room with peeing on it.  So we turned it around and it felt better.  Today after my shower I had him put it on the same way but am now thinking maybe it should go on the other way.  There's no spandexy material on the lower front but there is on my butt.  Shouldn't there my more compression on the front than the back?  What a pain this garment is!!!    I know it's a necessary evil but it is still a big pain.  Please share your thoughts with me.  I am going to have him try and switch it around again.  It's just so uncomfortable messing around with it and advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Lori

Redhaired
on 9/1/09 3:50 am - Mouseville, FL
If there is a style number in the garment or a label with a brand -- do a google search and see how it looks in the picture.

Red

Lori S.
on 9/1/09 4:08 am - MI
Thanks I didn't think of that!

Melissa M.
on 9/1/09 6:35 am - Seabrook, TX
I know with my garment sometimes I had to pull it up or down or whatever so it would fit the crotch area just right.  I know one of the nurses said that sometimes women cut it open just a little more so they wouldn't pee on it.  Just a thought. I never had to do that though.
Lori S.
on 9/1/09 8:16 am - MI
Thanks, I couldn't stand it anymore so I switched it around and I do think I had it on backwards. 

Most Active