What is the difference between ...

wondering
on 8/31/09 9:18 am - Canada

Can anyone tell me the difference between a circumferential tummy tuck and a lower body lift? 

Also, I stopped losing weight in April (or I thought I did) - last week I lost two pounds!  What now?  Should I go ahead with the surgery that I've scheduled for November 2nd?

Thanks,
L.

O. Kufi
on 8/31/09 1:25 pm
Hi Wondering L

To the best of my knowledge they are the same thing. A strip of loose skin and fat are removed all around your mid-section.

As far as going through with surgery how much more weight do you plan to lose?  Most surgeons prefer you to have been at a stable weight for several months. Keep in mind though, I fluctuate 4 lbs up and down all the time and I have been at my doctors goal weight for over a year.

Antonette

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

wondering
on 9/1/09 2:05 am - Canada
Thanks Antonette.  I was hoping to lose another 10 and would be happy with that.  I had resigned myself to the fact that my body is saying "You've lost enough".  Then the hope flared with the next two pounds, but I am reminded that I have been bouncing between 2 to 4 pounds since April, so I think this is it.  I am ready to postpone if I start to see a steady decline, but it looks like I'll be going in November.
L.

Melissa M.
on 8/31/09 1:28 pm - Seabrook, TX
They are the same thing.  The incision goes all the way around.  Your weight  does seem like it may be stable.  Losing 2 pounds isn't much, but if you continue to lose at a steady pace, you may want to reschedule until you know you are in maintenance mode.

Good luck!
Most Active