need advice - on 6 pack abs at 46 :-)

Road Less Travelled
on 8/30/09 2:41 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
So I am planning on being self-pay for a TT

but I started thinking - I am almost 46, have had 2 pregnancies - 1 of which were twins.  So my belly looks bad

so if I op'd for a Panni vs a TT I would still look a ton better -- also I need mucho lipo on the hips, butt, and thights -- and I want my droopy eye lids done

so I need some feed back on why one would want a TT vs Panni - aside that it gives you a flater tigher tummy

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

inkerdoodles
on 8/30/09 10:29 pm - Schenectady, NY

Oh GF.... you have come so far, it doesn't matter what your age is.... Here's a little chuckle for you. I was in Marshall's on Saturday picking out a few new pairs of panites becaue my size 7's are sliding off my arce.... As I'm persuing through the racks, an older woman (prolly late 60's) was there with her daughter (prolly mid to late 40's) and the daughter is saying to the mom how these panties are not for either of them blah blah blah.. so the mother says to me... Do you think I would wear these.... So me, I'll talk to anyone... Oh heck yeah. Just because you're older doesn't mean you can't be femine... LOL As the daughter glared at me I proceeded to say to the mother, you're a beautiful woman... You go for it.

My suggestion, if you have issues with your butt and thighs, have you ever given any thought to an extended tt or a lower body lift? I had the LBL and LOVE IT !!!! with the LBL you get a butt lift and an outter thigh lift. My butt went from saggy and flat to curvy and I so love it. It was pulled up approximately 4 inches... WOO HOO.. Just something to think about.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Road Less Travelled
on 8/30/09 10:59 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
thanks - food for thought..............  but, my bootie has always been big and round, actualy since I had kids its flatten out a bit -- but just a little bit. 

Ditto for my thights, they used to be thunder thighs, but have also changed their shape -- but those dimple, I had that..... also after weight loss, I now have saddle bags, which I didn't before.

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

BigCityGirl
on 8/31/09 1:25 am - San Diego, CA

Make sure you ask the same question when you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon!

I have never seen a nice panni outcome - sorry, I don't mean to insult anyone who has had this procedure but I've been posting here for over two years now and I only see the bad ones here and in my support group.  I doubt your lipo work will do much good without having all the excess skin removed, both above and below the belly button.  I'm not sure that a panni removes the skin above the belly button - I've seen panni's that haven't - just the apron below.   The muscle tightening will define a waist..... Go for the TT and ask that the lipo be included.  The eyes are a small procedure that can be done in an office setting under a local if necessary.  My SIL had her's done in the office.

Again, go on several consults and ask this question:  What needs to be done to this body to make it "right?"   The broad question, rather than the specific, will allow the surgeon to give you an honest answer of what "could be." 

The last thing you want is a "re-do" with your ab work.  Some here have lived that nightmare. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Melissa M.
on 8/31/09 5:44 am - Seabrook, TX
Simple answer.  Better results.  I'm not saying you won't get good results with just a panni removal but I'm sure you will get much better results with the muscle tightening, especially after having twins.  If your rear and outer thighs are saggy then a lower body lift will give you the best results.  You won't regret it!
I believe an LBL with a spiral thighplasty might do the trick! 6-pack abs and "modelesque" abs are achievable with 3-dimensional TT's. Trust me...you will want to do lots of research!

-T
Most Active