private pay cost of a panniectomy

MollyMH
on 8/29/09 5:03 pm - Sacramento, CA
Help...anyone know the cost of a panniectomy as a private pay? Am in Northern California.
Thanks
sanguinarythorn
on 8/29/09 9:47 pm - Newport News, VA
There's a lot of different factors, but if I would've had to self-pay, it would've been a little over $18K total for hospital and surgeon and everything in between.
BigCityGirl
on 8/30/09 12:00 am - San Diego, CA
First of all, get a Tummy Tuck instead if you are a self pay - it's just a little more and the surgery outcome is a whole lot better.

A Tummy Tuck is about $10,000 in San Diego for everything .
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
MollyMH
on 8/30/09 12:29 am - Sacramento, CA
Thanks-
I was disapproved by my insurance company and am thinking of trying to pay myself.
Could not find amounts anywhere!
princesshan
on 8/30/09 12:58 am - ID
I am getting a tummy tuck in Utah and it is going to cost 5500
Redhaired
on 8/30/09 5:17 am - Mouseville, FL
You might want to look into one of the Resident Training Programs.  You will save money on the surgical fee.

cheryl719
on 8/30/09 6:57 am - AMES, IA
Something to keep in mind is that if you elect to self-pay for a procedure that your insurance deems "not medically necessary", then no complications from that procedure will / would be covered either.   Your plastic surgeon can usually only give you a base price based on a "typical" case -- not counting any medical complications you may have either immediately post-op or later.

I have had around $160,000 in costs (thankfully covered by insurance) due to complications from my abdominoplasty.  My plastic surgeon knew going in that I was a bad risk for certain things, and I don't fault him at all.  And yes -- I'd still absolutely do it all over again, even though I'm still not experiencing the "desired results". 
Most Active