up 10 lbs....freakin out

gcmars
on 8/31/09 12:59 am - corpus christi , TX

14 days post op for LBL. was up 5 lbs last week, everyone says not to worry. now up 10 lbs. what in the world is going on? how could 15 lbs be removed and yet i am only 5 less than surgery date. confused as ever.....recovery going great tho. hoping to get last 2 drains removed today. all staples came out at day 10. these last 2 drains are annoying as all get out. i want them gone so i can start to feel normal again. thanks

candy
BigCityGirl
on 8/31/09 1:27 am - San Diego, CA
You are retaining water.  Limit your salt intake, processed food and take out food and drink lots of water and it should help. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
gcmars
on 8/31/09 1:34 am - corpus christi , TX

gosh i hope so. i am drinking lots of diet instant tea and more water than usual. but still having 1 diet coke a day. at the end of the day, i feel 9 months pregnant, like my belly is going to burst. i pray it is jus****er weight. thanks so much.

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 5:23 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Be careful of "diet" drinks.........many have lots of hidden sodium and actually make you hold more fluid.
If you drink green tea (I use plain green tea bags w/ 8oz boiled water) it is a great natural diuretic.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 1:36 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I feel bad for you!!!
All I can tell you is everyone is different.....some don't swell until week 2 or 3 others swell right away.  Some lose all the swelling in a couple of weeks others take months (and some take many many months).  I hope it moves out quickly for you!

I'm having my Tummy Tuck done in 2 days and I know I will swell and I know I'll be disappointed that come home weighing more than when I go in and maybe won't fit in to my pre-op pants for a few months.  I just keep telling myself it is temporary and the end result will be a smaller, flat tummy and eventually a few pounds off the scale.  

Best wishes to you on your recovery.
PS- hope those drains come out for you.....they are annoying!
FLGail
on 8/31/09 3:08 am - Sun City, AZ
Ruth, When I had my tt I swelled and couldn"t get into my pants for about a month. I would wear a pair with elastic waist during that time. But when you get on the scale in about a month you will be very happy. I lost a bunch and went down in size of pants.Please keep me posted on how it goes. You will love it.  Gail
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 5:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Gail.......I'll be sure to keep you posted.
MSHAMO
on 8/31/09 8:12 am, edited 8/31/09 8:13 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Best of luck, Ruth, hope all goes well with your TT!!  Make sure to take your stool softeners!!  Keep us posted, I'm having a short scar face lift and lower bleph on 9/15/09. Boy, this PS sure gets addictive!!  LOL  You will LOVE your TT!!!!!  Edited to add: make sure you have someone to spoil you for a few days!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 8:40 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HIJACK.....
Yes you are right about it getting addictive.  I never thought I'd be thinking of any face work but I've already gotten a quote and talked to the surgeon about the timing.  Sounds like I'm planning the same kind of face work as you.
Best wishes to you on yours.
Ruth
Melissa M.
on 8/31/09 6:03 am - Seabrook, TX
Weight gain with swelling is totally normal.  I can be up 5 pounds one day and down the next with my swelling.   I am 2 months out and there were a couple of days last week that i swear I looked like I was 5 months pregnant!  Then bam it was gone and looked flatter than I've ever seen since my LBL!  I am TRYING to ignore the numbers but we all know how that is.....
Most Active