Dr. Dry in Kirkland WA?

willfeelsogood
on 8/30/09 12:22 pm
Hey there! anybody use Dr. Dry for plastics? they do not post before & after pics on website...will not email them either. he was voted one of the best in Seattle tho, & i guess it takes quite a while to get in to see him.
I live about 2 hours away from there & will most likely set up a consultation, just wanting some personal opinions. I do not care about his bedside manner, lol, just his work.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/30/09 12:35 pm
I haven't heard of him, but am checking out docs. I was told it's important that they have a good background in post-bariatric patients, since our stretched skin is harder to work with. I think there are some great choices that may not do many post-bariatric patients, but I'd shop more carefully.
willfeelsogood
on 8/30/09 12:54 pm
yep, I have been doing tons of research too...drives me nuts he does not have before & afters, but he does do post wls. He was voted in "Seattle's Best" plastic surgeon a couple of years ago, but just looking for personal reviews.
I am  looking to get a TT/ BL with aug. You? good luck with your research! sometimes I think I will fly to Cali w/ frequent flier miles, lol.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/30/09 1:28 pm
I looked him up, and am excited to see he does weight loss people, and had a good rating, but am also disappointed in the lack of before and afters.

I'm about an hour south of him, and am not finding any surgeons in the Olympia area I'm psyched about. I may schedule a consult with him, and hope they will have before and afters then. I'll assume they do, as I don't think anyone would have this kind of surgery without pics.

I did one consult at the UW hospital, but wasn't thrilled with that visit. They will do panni there, but what I want is a tummy tuck, thigh lift, maybe arms, and undecided on aug. I had breast reduction about 10 years ago (before any weight loss) and they don't look too bad, but are getting so small I feel disproportionate.

If I don't find a surgeon in western WA that I like, I've also considered Agha, or Sauceda in Mexico (I'm a self pay, so he has bonus points there, lol).
willfeelsogood
on 8/30/09 2:28 pm
i will pm you
BethinSeattle
on 8/30/09 3:16 pm - Federal Way, WA
Dr Dry did all my plastics.  LBL, brachioplasty, BL/BA, medial thigh lift and then my upper eyelids.

He has alot of experience with weightloss patients and considers it a specialty.  His consults are free but yes if you are a new patient it can take a bit to get in to see him.  His LBLs are done at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland which is about 2 blocks from his office.  His staff is great. 

I consulted with him and two others before my LBL.  He was the only doctor of the three that spent more than 5 minutes in the room with me at the consult.  I felt I was an inconvience to the other two.  Dr Dry sat down, took notes, listened to my story, asked me what bothered me the most and what my hopes and expectations were.  Then he told me what he felt my options were and helped me decide the path I wanted to take.

hehe.. you could always tell them I referred you (referrers get a free service - facial or unit of botox or microdermabrasion etc)

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
willfeelsogood
on 8/31/09 12:55 am
are you super happy with the outcome of his work?
how is the scaring from the lbl? is it low enough to hide under swim suit?
if i end up going to him, i will for sure use you for a referral! thanks
BethinSeattle
on 8/31/09 3:40 pm - Federal Way, WA
I'm very happy with all scars from the surgeries.  My LBL scar is very thin and yes it can be hidden by a two piece.  It's two years out this month.  I'd gone from 322lbs to 170lbs and he removed about 15lbs with the LBL.  As I mentioned he requires a hospital stay for the LBL.  Last I knew, he did them always on a Monday morning.  It's a two night stay and I opted for a third night.  While you are there you have an epidural, a PCA button for extra pain meds if needed, and during the surgery he put in two On-Q pain bumps.  I went home with the two pain pumps and 4 drains.  The pain pumps were removed 5 days after surgery.  

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
willfeelsogood
on 9/2/09 3:47 am
Sweet! thanks for all your info. Sounds like if I do use him, a TT might be the way to go, as a couple nights in the hospital might make the price go waaaay up. I really appreciate your reply.
Most Active