If you had to choose......

huskerfan85
on 8/30/09 3:15 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I did the legs...inner with long incisions, and outer saddlebag incisions at the same time.  I know that someone said to do the back as you can wear clothes better, but for me this made me wear clothes better, I went from a size 18 pant to a 14 pant with the thighs being done.  I was so bottom heavy all of my life, and as I lost the weight, I stayed bottom heavy...lots of sagging skin on the backs of my thighs, and the saddle bags just did not go away.  My surgeon took 5 pounds of skin and tissue off my legs, and also did some lipo.  I am thrilled with the results even though I wish he could have taken more.  I think I might do a panni removal next summer with a mons lift also.
Gayle  6'2" 

Redhaired
on 8/30/09 5:20 am - Mouseville, FL

The outer thighs make more of a difference in how your clothes fit (think saddlebags).  So I would be getting those done first.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 10:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Good point........and I do have saddlebags!

I'm going to ask the surgeon if he will consider doing the Butt Lift/Outer lift as well as the Inner Thigh at the same time.  I suspect he will say no but hey, it's worth asking...
Melissa M.
on 8/30/09 2:17 pm - Seabrook, TX
I would consider doing the whole LBL together.  The back side wasn't painful compared to the front.  You are mainly sitting on your butt, not your back.  The recliner worked great for not being able to lay flat.  Actually you can't even lay flat with just the TT either.  You know I almost had one dr convince me to just do the front because of some concerns he had and that whole deal fell through.  I ended up using Dr L and the Baylor residency program and got the LBL with butt auto augmentation, lipo and a breast lift at the same time.  I had no problems at all.  The TT was really the only thing that hurt out of everything and that only lasted a few days but nothing unbearable.  If you do the LBL, you will be SOOOOO happy you did.  Believe me!

We are all built differently and it really depends what you'd rather see fixed first or what bothers you most.  No matter what you choose, the other is going to bother you and you'd probably wish you had done that first as well! 

Good luck!
cbhjr98
on 8/30/09 4:33 pm
I'm going to be opposite of everyone here.

I had the LBL, outter, inner (w/ long incision) and lipo done at the same time. I'm glad I had the inner thighs done but they are finiky - I will have to get them touched up (just some lipo at the groin area where after swelling there's a pouch of fat on both legs that rubs together). Soo..If I were going to break them up... I would make sure that you had at least one surgery after the inner thighs so they could do touch up work at the same time. Then again, if you're planning on a panni or tummy tuck after all this, they could touch up your inner's and outters at that time :-).

As for European summer va-ca... I live in Germany. If you go where the locals go - European's are freaking SCARY - think Keg Belly and jelly rolls in speedos and string bikinis you literally can't see because their fat is covering them - no, I'm really NOT exagerating. I was big at one point to, but I didn't wear a size 4 string bikini when I wore size 26W clothing. Europeans like to do this. I went totally nude at tropical islands (indoor beach) and wear a tiny bikini every where else. Even with the 10 feet of scars everywhere (belt & thighs), I looked a million times better than 90% of the people there. Just wear sunscreen on  your scars. Your increased self confidence after the surgery will amaze you!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
DEBI R.
on 8/30/09 7:30 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Ruth,

If it were me I'd go for the butt and outer thighs first then do the inner thighs later if your surgeon won't do them all at the same time.  

I'd have as much done as I could at once (if I could afford it) and get it over with. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active